jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BRASSTOWN, N.C. (AP) — A New Year's Eve possum drop that attracts thousands of people to a tiny western North Carolina town will go on this year, with one big change: It won't involve a live possum.
The Asheville Citizen-Times reports Thursday that Brasstown will have the event Dec. 31 but with a different guest of honor.

During past drops, the possum was suspended in a see-through box covered with tinsel and lowered to the ground at midnight.
Last month, a judge ruled a state agency lacked authority to issue a permit for the drop. People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals had sued, calling the event illegal and cruel.
Clay Logan has been doing the drop for years. He says he's considering using a stuffed animal or maybe road kill this year.

I'm sure if they announce $20.00 fee for road kill, someone in town can hit one in time :thumbsup:

http://www.citizen-times.com/articl...ew-Year-s-Eve-possum-drop-will-go-on?gcheck=1

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a opossum that lives outside. It is wild but loves it when I feed it tasty morsels like leftover turkey. She has hung out here for a couple years. She is currently with opossum. I guess they'll be born maybe February? I'll finally be a grandopossum! Nothing wrong with an opossum drop.

S

stefen

BRASSTOWN, N.C. (AP) —

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals had sued, calling the event illegal and cruel.
Clay Logan has been doing the drop for years. I'm sure if they announce $20.00 fee for road kill, someone in town can hit one in time :thumbsup:

http://www.citizen-times.com/articl...ew-Year-s-Eve-possum-drop-will-go-on?gcheck=1

PETA is probably worried that the 3000 person event will include a Hair-Off Possum-Parts banquet...people will eat tasty animals...hair or no hair..

PETA is always having a cow at the mention of any animal...Hell, even President Obama is quoted as saying, “What’s the difference between a hockey mom and a pit bull? A pit bull is delicious.” :thumbsup:

Last edited:

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they have a possum drop in Tallapoosa Ga. every year. The original name of the town was Possum snout.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread