What's new

New York Civil War button

huntnva

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2015
Messages
58
Reaction score
227
Golden Thread
1
Location
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Back to my permission in Yorktown for a quick hunt between appointments.... First target was a fired pistol bullet. A few feet away near some tree roots, I got a solid 54 on my AT Pro. About 6" down out popped a complete button. Picked and brushed it and was happy to see some detail. Turns out to be a New York cuff button, even has some gilt left! My first button that narrows down a particular unit/state.
Last target was iron. I don't dig much iron, but I will now at this site. This horseshoe was down about 6", think this will be my first electrolysis project. Happy Hunting!
 

Attachments

  • 1473703894952.webp
    1473703894952.webp
    86.6 KB · Views: 106
  • 1473703923901.webp
    1473703923901.webp
    16.5 KB · Views: 99
  • 1473703952938.webp
    1473703952938.webp
    12.5 KB · Views: 104
  • 1473703999598.webp
    1473703999598.webp
    27.1 KB · Views: 111
Upvote 26
That's a sweet button!! Hope to find one myself sometime. Nice job. [emoji106]

HH RN
 
Congrats on the NY button! Really nice!
 
Superb find, Congratulations! :occasion14:
 
A very nice NY Cuff.
Gotta love it when they come out that nice.
The Fired Bullet & Shoe will work to.
The shoe will look nice after a Good Cookin.
 
Congrats on a great New York button.
 
DAMN NICE BUTTON FIND .BOLD LOOKING SOB ..
 
I live in NY____________never found an Excelsior button. I have a buyer in La. that snaps up all my horse shoes--VERY collectible, better than diggin' 20 clad quarters
 
Drop that NY button in some vinegar for about a minute and a half and you will see amazing gilt! But rinse it off thoroughly and quickly with lots of water afterward. NICE.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom