What's new

Newb in Elgin

Nick T

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2010
Messages
41
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
I use a Teknetics Omega 8000 w/11DD and 10con , a Fisher CZ-70 pro , teknetics pinpointer.
Hi - I've been looking for some md buddies in my area. I've hit most of the areas in Elgin, Sleepy Hollow, carpentersville and Dundee.

I was beginning to think I was the only one in this area until I found this site. Both my wife and I hunt and really enjoy the hobby.

Looking forward to meeting some detectorist and sharing stories.

Regards, Nick
 
Welcome to the IL section of TNet Nick :thumbsup:

The reason you probably haven't seen us around is we all tend to hunt the
wooded FP areas :D

There's about 10 to 15 of us meeting at Buffalo Wings (Hwy 59 & Higgins)
late afternoon tomorrow (Sunday) . . . the time is yet to be determined.
You & your wife are more than welcome to join us. . . we'd love to meet you :hello:

Check out "TreasureFiends" post in the IL forum part of TNet.
 
Welcome aboard. I'll be out around town tomorrow morning about 8:30 if you guys wanna come out and play!
 
Stop by Buffalo Wild Wings at 2:00pm SUNDAY at I90 near 59 and Higgins and meet and greet with a bunch of us
 
Welcome aboard buddy, and yes stop by Buffalo Wild Wings with the wife and you can get a crash course in some of the finds that we made over the years!!! Hope to see you 2 there. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
 
Welcome Nick T. Metal detecting is alot of fun and more fun hunting with friends here on T-Net.
 
Thanks for the kind welcome! I will try to make the BWW meet. But my dance card is pretty full today.

So you guys hunt the FP's? I have been working the parks. I thought the fp's were off limits. I will have to give them a try.

Thanks again,

Nick
 
Welcome Nick,

I never knew the full extent of the membership of this hobby either until I met up with the guys here a few year ago. I had seen people here and there but didn't think the hobby was as popular as it really is. In fact, since I have gotten involved with group hunts and such, I've seen a large flux of new hobbyists, so it seems the hobby is growing steadily.

Lowbatts is our resident Elgin guru and overall north Illinois historian. I still haven't gotten out that way yet but I fully intend to some time soon, hopefully I'll run into you. I'm in Chicago, north side.

Hope you can make it out to BWW...

Joe
 
twistidd said:
Welcome Nick,

I never knew the full extent of the membership of this hobby either until I met up with the guys here a few year ago. I had seen people here and there but didn't think the hobby was as popular as it really is. In fact, since I have gotten involved with group hunts and such, I've seen a large flux of new hobbyists, so it seems the hobby is growing steadily.

Lowbatts is our resident Elgin guru and overall north Illinois historian. I still haven't gotten out that way yet but I fully intend to some time soon, hopefully I'll run into you. I'm in Chicago, north side.

Hope you can make it out to BWW...

Joe

G-O-O-F, that spells guru....
Any smarter and I'd be an intellectual understudy for Deputy Barney Fife.
 
Lowbatts said:
twistidd said:
Welcome Nick,

I never knew the full extent of the membership of this hobby either until I met up with the guys here a few year ago. I had seen people here and there but didn't think the hobby was as popular as it really is. In fact, since I have gotten involved with group hunts and such, I've seen a large flux of new hobbyists, so it seems the hobby is growing steadily.

Lowbatts is our resident Elgin guru and overall north Illinois historian. I still haven't gotten out that way yet but I fully intend to some time soon, hopefully I'll run into you. I'm in Chicago, north side.

Hope you can make it out to BWW...

Joe

G-O-O-F, that spells guru....
Any smarter and I'd be an intellectual understudy for Deputy Barney Fife.

How do you spell modesty? L-O-W-B-A-T-T-S

That's right

Joe
 
Welcome to T-Net, Nick!!! :wink:

It's cool that the Mrs. joins in the fun!

Mine wants nothing to do with it. :-\
 
BTW, check out today's Herald, Fox Valley section, page 4!

First time out with me and you made the news!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom