What's new

Newbie from Idaho

infectious208

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2017
Messages
35
Reaction score
53
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wanted to stop in and say hello to everyone. I am a long time lurker on this site but decided today to finally register. I like im sure most of you love reading all the treasure tales and stores of lost mines on here.

Don't have much experience looking for them or doing research but a few in my local area have always intrigued me. Hoping to get a metal detector soon and delve a little deeper down the rabbit hole. :)
 
Welcome! Where are you located?
Jim
 
Welcome! Where are you located?
Jim

I am in Nampa just outside of Boise. I have a few "tales" I am doing some research on up in the Boise Basin and Owyhee areas. Also been considering doing some CRH just to have a little extra fun with. I already have to many hobbies but you only live once right. haha. Luckily I am fairly young so hopefully I till have a few years to find some treasure.
 
Welcome aboard !
 
Welcome from White Plains, New York! My Brother lives in Boise - beautiful place! :occasion14:
 
I am in Nampa just outside of Boise. I have a few "tales" I am doing some research on up in the Boise Basin and Owyhee areas. Also been considering doing some CRH just to have a little extra fun with. I already have to many hobbies but you only live once right. haha. Luckily I am fairly young so hopefully I till have a few years to find some treasure.

Are you researching for gold or relics or both? I live in the Boise Basin and in the 1980s I helped stake close to a hundred mining claims for a Canadian company in the Silver City area so I too have a few tales.

I reread your first post and got my answer...duh. Are you interested in looking for a mine camp that few people have seen because of it's remote location [means hiking] near Silver City? I can't pinpoint this place but if you are inclined to look for a lost mine I can point you in the general direction from google earth.
 
Last edited:
Are you researching for gold or relics or both? I live in the Boise Basin and in the 1980s I helped stake close to a hundred mining claims for a Canadian company in the Silver City area so I too have a few tales.

I reread your first post and got my answer...duh. Are you interested in looking for a mine camp that few people have seen because of it's remote location [means hiking] near Silver City? I can't pinpoint this place but if you are inclined to look for a lost mine I can point you in the general direction from google earth.

I would love to hear your stories and information about the mining camp near silver city. My dad worked for years at the Delamar mine so I know he is very familiar with the area up there. I have spent a bit of time off roading up there (another of my favorite hobbies).
 
welcome aboard
 
Have you been to this area? When I was staking claims we stayed at the After Thought Mine.
The history of this mine is that it was a scam, the promoters took a picture of the King mine and managed to get investors to erect the mill and cabins but the ore was very low grade and very little ore was even found there. The King mine was a good producer though.
I can't find the lost mine I was talking about, I will need to do more searching on Google Earth after thought mine.webp
king mine.webp
 
I don't believe I have been by those camps at all. That's interesting about the Afterthought Mine being a scam. I'm going to have to do some reading about it.
 
im Dave I live off grid near Newport WA. BUT have access to computer at brothers in Rathdrum Idaho.
I have a dredge AND a permit for this year, my buddy "partner" who got me all fired up to spend
the Money and time to get my end of the deal together ( dredge+permit) has Flaked out.
im in a Very good situation to hunker down and dredge, no wife honey do list (no wife_) no kid/school events (no kids) im Very comfortable staying in tha woods for 7-10 days at a wack, BUT
WHAT I DONT HAVE is a place to go or way to get there, 5099937812 just ring me and lets make a deal,
 
Welcome to the site, I'm in Nampa as well. Do you know of any detecting clubs in the area?
 
Welcome, I am in Boise. How's the hunting
 
I am in Meridian, does your brother metal detect?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom