What's new

Newbie Greetings from York, PA.

SilverThumb

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Messages
30
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Newbie Greeting's from York, PA.

Hello and greetings to all!!!! I am absolutely over whelmed with the knowledge and information I'm getting from this site, this is an amazing site. Did anyone else's head almost explode trying to soak in all of the information here or what?

A little about me, I'm 32 married, 2 kids, FT job (IT Manager), never before have i MD'd, i dont even own a MD....Yet!!!!

(I'm sure you all heard this be4 but...) I've always been fascinated by relics, fossils, old coins and just history in itself, not to mention sometimes wealth, the latter being least important.

The wealth of knowledge here is astounding and i find my self flip flopping all over to find a local area near me to MD. I plan on starting in my backyard (York City, PA.) i even plan on burying my own treasures so i can tune my self to the different metals, (im assuming the MD makes different sounds depending on the metals).

So without further adieu here are some of my questions....?

I would like to get a new ACE250 to start with, but what other MD's would be good for a newcomer and for someone on a budget?
I know a few people at work that have farms, with out knowing if any monumental/ historic events that have happened there is it still worth the time to ask and MD their farm or surrounding areas?
When you mention tot lots are you talking about the playgrounds in the parks?
Are areas surrounding lakes worth any effort to MD, for instance Lake Redman?

Those are my questions for now, muahahaha, but im sure i will have a ton more...
Thanks for reading, and have a Great Day !!!!
 
Re: Newbie Greeting's from York, PA.

Welcome to TNet Silver Thumb!!
You're right-the knowledge here is incredible (not to mention all the great folks that take the time to help you out).
My wife and I, on a whim, bought a cheapo Bounty Hunter detector at Wally World. It's simple to use and I've had just as much luck as a friend that has been doing this for years and has a much more elaborate/expensive detector. It's all in getting use to the machine (and being a techno idiot this was perfect for me!!).
By all means hunt the farms and surrounding areas. Find out where there were old buildings on the properties and hunt there. Never know what will turn up.
Anywhere there are or have been people you will find "treasures".
Happy hunting and welcome to the insanity!!!
 
Re: Newbie Greeting's from York, PA.

Hi.....

welcome to the forum, I would look for a quality secondhand machine to start of, perhaps one of the Tesoros, there are always plenty of people to help on here, so don't be afraid to ask :thumbsup:

SS.
 
Re: Newbie Greeting's from York, PA.

X-Star.webp​
 

Attachments

  • X-Star.webp
    X-Star.webp
    9.6 KB · Views: 164
Re: Newbie Greeting's from York, PA.

Just by the replies and alot of the posts i've read already it seems like a great community!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the warm welcome. :hello:
 
Re: Newbie Greeting's from York, PA.

Welcome aboard SilverThumb. You are in a great area for our sport. HH Extractor
 
Re: Newbie Greeting's from York, PA.

welcome to tnet silver thumb :hello:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom