What's new

newbie here

yingling

Tenderfoot
Joined
Feb 6, 2016
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've always wanted to find arrowheads and I finally goto it in December and found a couple. I was out looking the other day close to an area that was known to be an Indian camp. I was in a brook looking for arrowheads, didn't find any but did find this rock. I'm not sure if it's anything. Looking for some advice if it's an artifact or not.
Thanks
 

Attachments

  • IMAG1072.webp
    IMAG1072.webp
    150 KB · Views: 106
  • IMAG1073.webp
    IMAG1073.webp
    187.3 KB · Views: 93
Upvote 0
Welcome to the board and glad to hear you are finding artifacts. Unfortunately, that is more than likely not one. The holes look to be formed by natural erosion and not by the hand of man. I probably would have brought it home because it is a cool looking stone.
 
Welcome to the site! I'm horrible at rock ID'ing but I'll go out on a limb here and say maybe a weight or it could be natural. Someone will come along with more for you I'm sure. Have you found anything else like pottery or projectile points where you found this?
 
Looks man made to me. The slanting would suggest constant motion, and on the back both holes indicate a bit of shock type breakage. IMO.
 
Welcome!

Looks natural.
 
Those holes are not drilled or man made. Look closely at them and you can see they are formed by natural erosion. Something softer like a fossil, or maybe even a quartz inclusion, has eroded out.
 
Thanks guys. I asked around here and got the same answers. No one is quite sure. I'm probably goi g to keep it because it's different looking.
 
Sorry just a geofact... Better luck next time..
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom