FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everyone, new kid (58) ) on the block. I have been detecting off and on since the 1980's. I haven't done much since moving to Florida in 1989 and caught the bug again.

I have a compass that wasn't waterproof and needed a little tuning up. I passed this on to my brother and just bought a new Whites beach hunter ID so I am excited to hit the Florida beaches in my area. I will be hitting Boca Grande beach this coming week. Can't wait.

I have read through a lot of threads and see there are a many knowledgeable and nice folks on here.

Any tips for water hunting would be appreciated. I will be shallow water, probably not over my knees, at least to start.

Upvote 0
:D Big Wellcome fl Bill .. Beach hunter ID is a great detector for our beaches down here , your gonna love it .. can't wait to see your finds ...... guzz1

Welcome aboard!
There's all kind of information to be found here that should help to make your treasure hunting experience more fun and especially lucrative! Just about any question you could ask has already been asked and answered here - but don't let that stop you from asking. There are all sorts of folks here who were once Newbies and we don't mind sharing what we know.
See ya on the beach!
Ruth

Welcome Bill,

Hope you find your weight in gold and silver. There are lots of guys that post here. Many of the fellows up north are not posting right now because of the weather but when they do, they have some great stuff to show. We Floridians are posting more frequently and there are even some Canadians that get into the act. You will learn lots of stuff from everyone. I have been hunting since about 1985 and I am still learning from everyone. I just started water hunting and did pretty good for the few hunts I did last year. I came away with 12 rings. 6 Precious Metal and 6 Junk. I haven't scored this year yet. Made a terrible attempt last weekend in the storms and high seas and got beaten up pretty bad with nothing to show for my effort. We are planning a group outing in a couple of months. Keep reading the posts here and we should get something firmed up. Looks like we are shooting for somewhere in the Tampa area or just south of there around Spring Break to do a group hunt and cookout just to meet everyone and have a good time.

Again, welcome and leave some things in the ocean for me to find if you get there first.

Jim

DaChief!

Bill..... good to have another beach/water hunter in the forum....take your time....dig all targets till you learn your detector...last time i hunted in your area it was sand in,making things difficult ....but any day in water is a good day....Good Hunting...........Rdi

Florida Bill, thank you for your service!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back