What's new

Newbie prospector in Eros, LA

ArmorGuy

Tenderfoot
Joined
Aug 29, 2024
Messages
6
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Hello, I'm new to Louisiana as well as the whole prospecting thing. So I'm looking for someone who interested in helping me learn the hobby and the Eros, Louisiana area. I have a couple of brand new gold pans I'm dying to get broken in. So any help with that would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance, ArmorGuy
 
Upvote 0
Welcome to T-NET ! Well being in Louisiana I'd start looking at the fruits that the Mississippi River gives us ! Go to your local Sand & Gravel plants and buy some of their sand. The Mississippi River has been washing fine gold down that Ole Muddy for ever and you will break in your pan for sure panning out that sand ! Let's see how that goes ! Send us a post on how your doing ! Ask if you can go and clean out their barges for that black sand and fine gold that will be left in these barges after the sand is removed ! GOODLUCK !
 
Welcome from the Oregon coast!

secret beach.webp
 
Welcome to T-NET ! Well being in Louisiana I'd start looking at the fruits that the Mississippi River gives us ! Go to your local Sand & Gravel plants and buy some of their sand. The Mississippi River has been washing fine gold down that Ole Muddy for ever and you will break in your pan for sure panning out that sand ! Let's see how that goes ! Send us a post on how your doing ! Ask if you can go and clean out their barges for that black sand and fine gold that will be left in these barges after the sand is removed ! GOODLUCK !
Hey, thanks for the suggestion. The Mississippi River is a bit far for me to drive at the moment, but will definitely keep that in mind for future reference. Though you did remind me of an idea I heard a few years back. That being buying those sands you spoke of from the local hardware store. Thanks again, ArmorGuy
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom