Newbie to Gold!

MDgoldhunting

Tenderfoot
Jan 14, 2024
Hey, I am new to this and live in the Baltimore area. I have driven down to some streams near DC to give it a go but have had no luck. I am wondering if anyone in the Maryland/Northern Virginia area would be willing to go panning with me sometime (I don’t need to know any of your secret spots.) Would love to just go somewhere and end up with a 1/100th of a gram piece even if it takes hours. I just need helping finding my first real wild piece and then believe I can take it from there. Would be more than happy to buy lunch if someone was willing to do it.

Thanks!

Apr 20, 2023
Maryland
Detector(s) used
I have one, but haven't used it yet. It's a yellow and black one from Amazon. Says like 11" but whatever I look for gold.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I live outside bmore and find gold. Don't get frustrated, show em it can be done! Plus, this is the time of year to get out there on the creek. The leaves don't hide our crazy suburban prospecting asses like in the summer, but hey no snakes! What gear do you bring with you bro?

OP
OP
M

MDgoldhunting

Tenderfoot
Jan 14, 2024
I live outside bmore and find gold. Don't get frustrated, show em it can be done! Plus, this is the time of year to get out there on the creek. The leaves don't hide our crazy suburban prospecting asses like in the summer, but hey no snakes! What gear do you bring with you bro?
I have a 15” super sluice pan, shovel, garden trowel, along with a sluice (the sluice is junk so probably wouldn’t bring it, but the rest is all solid stuff)

Would you be willing to go with me sometime please? Like I said I would be more then happy to pickup and pay for lunch or whatever else for someone to help show me the ropes for the area a little better then the YouTube videos I’ve tried watching! (Don’t need any secret spots lol just somewhere I could find something with enough time to learn with you)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread