Newer "OLD" member needs advice.

Jaybird

Nov 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To the forum I am 'new' so let me introduce myself. I have been involved in this great hobby for 40 years this year (started in 1974) My first detector was a Jetco Mustang. From there I can't remember how many detectors I've had but Whites, Garretts, and Tesoro as well as Compass. I say this not to brag but because I want everyone to know I am not new to the hobby. I had to put my hobby on hold for a number of years but now I am enjoying it again. Hopefully I can contribute to the forum in some small way. I am presently on the Board that guides the Eureka Club here in Denver (Eureka Treasure Hunters Club). Look it over sometime. My name is jay Reed. I am on other forums also and use Jaybird as my "handle".
Now for my question. I recently purchased a NOS Tesoro Golden new from my dealer with the "OLD Tones" I see a Tesoro man here but maybe someone can tell me how to get the New Tones circuit board as I understand by talking to Tesoro that they don't change over to New tones anymore. I want this change as I am somewhat hard of hearing and desire more separation and definition with it. I use it with a Cleansweep coil for our club hunts however it works well in parks if you set the notch to eliminate most tabs (you tube video). I mostly hunt parks and do road trips with my wife I use my Minelab Etrac for deep silver and my Teknetics T2 for Target ID and general hunting (It's lighter). Thanks in advance for any help. My apologies for being a forum hopper previously.
Jay (Jaybird)::hello:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Colorado for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state. Now, you might consider leaving your question on Forum > Metal Detecting > Brands > Tesoro...

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To the forum I am 'new' so let me introduce myself. I have been involved in this great hobby for 40 years this year (started in 1974) My first detector was a Jetco Mustang. From there I can't remember how many detectors I've had but Whites, Garretts, and Tesoro as well as Compass. I say this not to brag but because I want everyone to know I am not new to the hobby. I had to put my hobby on hold for a number of years but now I am enjoying it again. Hopefully I can contribute to the forum in some small way. I am presently on the Board that guides the Eureka Club here in Denver (Eureka Treasure Hunters Club). Look it over sometime. My name is jay Reed. I am on other forums also and use Jaybird as my "handle".
Now for my question. I recently purchased a NOS Tesoro Golden new from my dealer with the "OLD Tones" I see a Tesoro man here but maybe someone can tell me how to get the New Tones circuit board as I understand by talking to Tesoro that they don't change over to New tones anymore. I want this change as I am somewhat hard of hearing and desire more separation and definition with it. I use it with a Cleansweep coil for our club hunts however it works well in parks if you set the notch to eliminate most tabs (you tube video). I mostly hunt parks and do road trips with my wife I use my Minelab Etrac for deep silver and my Teknetics T2 for Target ID and general hunting (It's lighter). Thanks in advance for any help. My apologies for being a forum hopper previously.
Jay (Jaybird)::hello:

Hello Jay, Your going to need to repost this question in the Tesoro section here
to get answers on that

most who respond here in the New Member Introductions section expect to just welcome you :laughing7:

again I'd be more inclined to believe if you ask here Tesoro
you should get help.

Good Luck :thumbsup:
Jeff

OP
OP
J

Jaybird

Nov 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Jeff, and to all for the replies. I'll bring myself up to speed soon. I will re-post on Tesoro forum.
Jaybird

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread