What's new

Nice chain, what was it for

mmocha2905

Full Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2018
Messages
184
Reaction score
559
Golden Thread
0
Location
massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Right on the edge of 1800s cellar hole. Not iron, well made. What was it for?
 

Attachments

  • 16314093453543596247613915366807.webp
    16314093453543596247613915366807.webp
    761.3 KB · Views: 176
Depending on it's size I would say part of a horse bridle.
 
Upvote 0
Never seen a bridle made out of chains .. that would peel the flesh off.
 
Upvote 0
Logging chain for smaller trees/firewood.
 
Upvote 0
If it helps for size, the chain is on a 1/2 paper towel
 
Upvote 0
If it's not iron, I would agree with the above comment that it is part of a horse bridle. Here's a photo of an antique brass bit and curb chain.s-l300-1.webp
 
Upvote 0
If it's not iron, I would agree with the above comment that it is part of a horse bridle. Here's a photo of an antique brass bit and curb chain.View attachment 1946998
After looking at the source of your photo, I am 100% certain that those chains were never part of a bridle or bit.
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 6.44.04 AM.webp
    Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 6.44.04 AM.webp
    257.3 KB · Views: 102
Upvote 0
Right on the edge of 1800s cellar hole. Not iron, well made. What was it for?

Well if it isn't iron - I'll eat my hat.

D ring on either end-I'd bet it's part of a harness set up.
 
Upvote 0
This looks similar. 20210913_060517.webp
 
Upvote 0
A curb chain, yes ,, but ,, that thing he posted is not a curb chain.
 
Upvote 0
I just thought it was funny that you didn't know there were chains on bridles....and now you're an expert on them!

Obviously, you are not .. In fact, you must not know jackchit if you think for a minute that thing you posted is an accurate representation of anything.


Go educate yourself, and we will pick up this conversation later.
 
Upvote 0
Lighten up! I thought this forum was to exchange ideas and have fun! Don't take it so seriously!
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom