Nice hunt after a month nets silver and more......

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't been able to get out digging since early July, the weather just has not been nice either too blessed hot or no rain and ground was hard as a rock. After work last nite I door knocked on an old farm and got permission. Found wheats everywhere I turned and knew there had to be silver somewhere! After about 12-14 wheats I got a nice high tone and got a nice spill with two mercs and two wheats.! Shortly after that got another nice high tone and it was a spill of a silver washington a merc and two more wheaties. Also got a nice indian, a buffalo nickel, cool little car, other odds and ends. The one item I found interesting is the little pin marked 1886, any ideas on this one???
oh and BTW I used my nox 600 for this hunt, the more I use it the more I love it!

dirty 8-22.jpg8-22-18.jpg8-22 coins.jpgcar.jpg1886 pin.jpgmystery item.jpg

Upvote 27
You should knock on a door after work every nite after work if that's what you find after every KNOCK ON A DOOR!!!!!!!!!!!! HH

Nice finds ! Could you put up a pic of the reverse side of the gold looking piece - very often, a lot more can be determined by seeing the back of a mystery piece.

Congrats on a great hunt! Surprised the owner didn't ask to see what you found. Go back, there's a ton more...

Looks like a great hunt. I'll bet it was better than working. Your car looks like its a Tootsie Toy car. It should be marked on the under side. Those are always nice little items to find, as they made quite a variety of them.

Now we're metal detecting. Congrats :icon_thumright:

the hest or cold would be ok if i found that kinda stuff well done

Great hunt, G4E...love those silvers, but I do miss those stump pics! Please don't say you took the stump out!! Ddf.

Now that's metal detecting!!!!! Congrats!

Nice finds ! Could you put up a pic of the reverse side of the gold looking piece - very often, a lot more can be determined by seeing the back of a mystery piece.
the back is blank no writing, just a pin on it

Congrats on a great hunt! Surprised the owner didn't ask to see what you found. Go back, there's a ton more...
the owner left about half way thru the hunt and did not return

Great hunt, G4E...love those silvers, but I do miss those stump pics! Please don't say you took the stump out!! Ddf.
the stumb fell apart lol

Yeck yes. That would make my month and, yes, I'd be going back. Congratulations on a great hunt. I agree, the pin has got to be gold plate at least.

Nice job, congratulations! :icon_thumleft:

Nice way to start out after a hot dry summer, congrats

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back