Nice Lunchtime Finds

cocrh

Apr 9, 2007
Stopped by a Chase bank on the way back to work where I had gotten a few 64's to see if they had any more. Only $7 worth but as she was counting it out I saw that familiar all white edge!!! Another '64 :D Once again the urge to find more pushed me to the next bank on the way back to work. They had $70 in the vault and as they put them on the counter I could make out silver staring at me from one of the ends!!! Sure enough a '67. The rest yielded 2 more '64's and 5 40%'s. Wish I had an account there as they were machined rolled. I'd be ordering a box today! Wonder if they would do it without an account. Anyone tried that? It was a Wells Fargo.

Upvote 0

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
packerbacker said:
Won't hurt to ask. Good ratio on the silver!

I agree.

Nice job. Keep hitting those banks & bring home the silver!!

I have two banks that have ordered boxes for me that I do not have an account at. The first box from the first bank was a skunk & ordered 2 more when I picked it up the first one...oh no. The other bank's box is due in tomorrow.

OP
OP
C

cocrh

Apr 9, 2007
Thanks for the comments. I will keep the silver hunting going for sure!! Just hope some of my finds are as good as some on here. I found a road with 9 banks within about a 5 mile range. Can you say long lunch ;D

I will go back and ask if they will order a box. Do you have to have the cash up front or do you pay when you pick it up? Is a box $500 or $1000? Seems it would be very heavy. Anyone weigh one?

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cocrh said:
I will go back and ask if they will order a box. Do you have to have the cash up front or do you pay when you pick it up? Is a box $500 or $1000? Seems it would be very heavy. Anyone weigh one?

Usually you don't pay when you order, just when you pick up. A box is $500 and weighs 25 lbs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread