What's new

Nice marble, hometown medicine!!!

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2015
Messages
2,777
Reaction score
6,887
Golden Thread
0
Location
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a great new permission. My son and I got out for a few. He was sure glad he went. I was too. A foot down started hitting bottles. Pit was about 5 feet deep. I hardly have luck and was surprised my son went. It was too much fun. I'll let him use the lapidary machine to polish the marble up! I love the old local script medicine. Its a good one! 4 common embossed (singer, hair tonic,fig syrup), a few whiskeys. Lots of plain ones. The crock had us both going! Wish it was a rare whiskey. The coffee pot is huge!! I had detected a few days earlier and found the 1927 wheat and the no cash value token and a little smooth unreadable dime. Just silver now. Happy Hunting!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20160528_174615889.webp
    IMG_20160528_174615889.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 122
  • IMG_20160530_165013166.webp
    IMG_20160530_165013166.webp
    1.4 MB · Views: 120
  • IMG_20160530_165917368.webp
    IMG_20160530_165917368.webp
    590.1 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_20160530_172026555.webp
    IMG_20160530_172026555.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 127
  • IMG_20160530_175947929.webp
    IMG_20160530_175947929.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 124
  • IMG_20160530_180018449.webp
    IMG_20160530_180018449.webp
    924.5 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_20160530_185432310.webp
    IMG_20160530_185432310.webp
    415.9 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_20160531_141859660.webp
    IMG_20160531_141859660.webp
    941.9 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_20160530_180012304 (2).webp
    IMG_20160530_180012304 (2).webp
    665.4 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_20160531_163348119 (2).webp
    IMG_20160531_163348119 (2).webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 111
  • IMG_20160530_175942354 (2).webp
    IMG_20160530_175942354 (2).webp
    1.7 MB · Views: 115
Upvote 12
Wow, great bottle digging! :occasion14:

I also enjoy bottle digging, but boy, it's a lot of hard work!
 
Digging up a local pharmacist bottle is always a cool thing. I have dug a few from my own little town and it is a very nostalgic feeling. It never will get old. Love the crock with its lid, what are the chances. Nicely done.
 
Love the huge marble,, the crock and lid are exceptional.
That is a really productive bottle pit,, continued good luck. Congrats
 
Wow those are some great finds. I really like old bottles and marbles.
 
Some great glass!
 
Man, you've got a bottle bonanza! And that marble is huge! Great finds, and thanks for sharing.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom