Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all the last week i have been hitting a few fields local here the hay was just cut down , nothing to write home about except a cool copper bell with the clanger still in it after i soaked the soil out i made a short video no one has heard that bell ring in 200 250 + years ?? , also i found a 1867 shield nickle a 1943 silver dime a penny with a bullet hole a hand full of copper flat buttons a few lead shots and a iron buckle .
Enjoy the video my first :laughing7: HH Jim :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 100_1480.jpg
    100_1480.jpg
    263.9 KB · Views: 1,034
Upvote 0

JW15

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705 w/DD coil Backup- 505,305.
Nice job on all those finds!! :headbang:

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice finds overall.

Soil looks pretty tough were your at to.

HH Jer

OP
OP
Deepdiger60

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wyattrr said:
Nothing like getting out and having some fun...Congrats on your finds

Yep its good to get out the heavy rains have ended this weekend looks good it,s a big field HH Jim

HCW

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2007
Metro west ,Boston
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Whites MXT "retired"
Nice crotal bell you got there.
When it's not raining out, it's been perfect to get out lately.

treasurepirate1

Aug 21, 2010
Ontario canada
Detector(s) used
fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i couldn't see in the video but did the bell have an iron rivet or a brass shank because if it had an iron rivet it is from around the 1860s to around 1920 but if it has a brass shank it is around pre 1860s. and also it is up to you but to get the bell to sound better you have to get the rust coating off the clanger, i have one with rust coated on the clanger and it doesn't make nearly as nice of a sound as one i found without rust on the clanger but be careful the rust could be the vary thing holding the iron clanger together so i would probably leave it.

OP
OP
Deepdiger60

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
treasurepirate1 said:
i couldn't see in the video but did the bell have an iron rivet or a brass shank because if it had an iron rivet it is from around the 1860s to around 1920 but if it has a brass shank it is around pre 1860s. and also it is up to you but to get the bell to sound better you have to get the rust coating off the clanger, i have one with rust coated on the clanger and it doesn't make nearly as nice of a sound as one i found without rust on the clanger but be careful the rust could be the vary thing holding the iron clanger together so i would probably leave it.
Thanks for that infro. TP the shank was brass but it looks like the ball inside is iron . Jim

Attachments

• 100_1489.jpg
    100_1489.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 592
OP
OP
Deepdiger60

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
treasurepirate1 said:
Woodland Detectors said:
:hello:
Hey Jim!

great to see your getting out my friend. I hope all is good

Thanks Mike the cooler weather helps ill be on a few hunts this Fall

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions