What's new

Nice surprise - Civil War Patriotic Token

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2006
Messages
3,283
Reaction score
240
Golden Thread
1
Location
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This weekend I have too much to do to get out detecting so I squeezed in a lunch time hunt today in the heat. I found two keepers one wheatie and one Indian Head penny. It was not until I rinsed off the Indian Head that I realized it was an 1863 Civil War Patriotic token. Front has an the Indian Head with the 1863 date and the back has the wreath and reads Not One Cent.

This is the second token I found at this park in the last two weeks with the 'Not One Cent' line on it. I found a large cent hard times token dated 1837 with the saying Millions for Defence Not One Cent for Tribute. Both times I thought I knew what I had until I rinsed it off. I really enjoy finding these tokens.

Sorry..no pics at this time.

NJ
 
Upvote 0
Sounds really cool! Can't wait to see the pix of both!!!
Bunker
 
Good Job on the Token(s) :icon_thumright:, would love to find one of those Civil War Tokens someday.

TommNJ
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom