What's new

Nickel box record?

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2008
Messages
1,184
Reaction score
282
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just finished one Nickel box; 196 pre-1960 coins; This got to be a record, right?
Worth to be mentioned:
1x43D wartimes,
1 foreign coin,
1 canadian Nickel.

No keys here.
But did got 13 s-mintmarks including a 48s and a 51s.
 
Upvote 0
I would think so....how many nickels in a box? 1,000? That would be 1 keeper in every 5 nickels....or 8 per roll. wow.
 
I got 16 solid rolls of pre 60 nickels in customer rolls once, that's my record. I didn't even keep them all, just all the years I needed, and some extras
 
1948-S; you lucky dog! I'm still looking for one.
 
Although it wasn't a box, but a $100 bag of nickels instead. I had one bag last year with 674 pre-1960 nickels in it (incl 10 war nickels).

Just last month I had a $100 bag with 277 pre-1960 (5 war nickels) in it.

I usually get 1-2 bags over 200 a year. Not trying to diminish your find as it is definitely way way above average, but not anywhere near a record. If I remember right, I believe I have read some numbers higher than my 674 as well.
 
I picked up 20 rolls of nickles today....6 pre 1960 no key dates...still glad to get those.
 
GMan00001 said:
Although it wasn't a box, but a $100 bag of nickels instead. I had one bag last year with 674 pre-1960 nickels in it (incl 10 war nickels).

Just last month I had a $100 bag with 277 pre-1960 (5 war nickels) in it.

I usually get 1-2 bags over 200 a year. Not trying to diminish your find as it is definitely way way above average, but not anywhere near a record. If I remember right, I believe I have read some numbers higher than my 674 as well.


Thanks, GMan. I am just curious how to compare with other people's finds. 10 War Nickels in one bag is amazing. The most I found is 4 in one box.
 
Looks pretty darned impressive to me yinzi50, but then what do I know any way, keep up the good work and find lots more! HH!

Chuck.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom