What's new

Nickel Box

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2009
Messages
2,074
Reaction score
25
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since i have had crappy luck with my halfs since i got back on vacation I picked up some nickels today at a BOA. Got the following.

1 - War (43S)
1 - Buffalo (1927)
19 - Pre-60's
2 - Canadian nickels (90's)

First buffalo I have speared from a box. The other two I got this year were in customer rolls. I think I am going to find a way to pick up 2 more boxes tomorrow.
 
Upvote 0
I picked up a few boxes myself from BOA in hopes of finding 2009's. Didn't find them though. Got a few war nickels and Buffaloes.
In my opinion the Buffalo Nickel is one of the best looking American coins. I don't collect them, and I wouldn't pay more than five cents for one, but I like them.
I'm still trying to figure out why they don't call them Indian Head Nickels :icon_scratch:
 
Rich, I agree with you. A nice clean Buffalo is one of the nicest American coins in my opinion. Any of the walking liberty coins are a close second. I have heard them called both ways, but I would bet is has to do with pennies already being called Indian Heads so they tried to get away from confusing the two. Just my two cents...
 
Yep. I think that the buffs are my second favorite American coin, with first place going to the gold incuse quarter and half-eagles. I've got to get one of those...one day...sigh.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
Did another nickel box this weekend and here are the results...

13 - Pre-60's
1 - 27S Buffalo
1 - 43S war

Box seemed really slow on the pre-60's but with about 10 rolls to go the buffalo poped out. It was really warn, but I will take it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom