What's new

Nickel Question

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2008
Messages
4,291
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
I bought a box of Nickels half of which are between 1958-1968 and look as if they were minted yesterday. Are they worth anything ?
 
Upvote 0
I bet you there is a profit to be made. I would find the best examples roll them and list them as AU nickels on Ebay. See what happens. Start them off low bid price and give em free shipping. Try it with a lot of like 5 rolls or more.

Golden Silver
 
I would definitely hold onto them. You don't really find a whole lot of nickels that old in that good of condition.


ps. Holding onto the 64s is probably pointless, since so many of them were minted. Maybe hold onto any truly exceptional 64s and that's all.
 
Unless they are BU or thereabouts, I would only keep some of the 58 and 59 examples. Just my preference but look at mintage numbers i nthe red book and judge for yourself. The only problem with putting them on feebay is that you may get left holding the bag so to speak unless you set a reserve price.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom