What's new

Nickels

dpy52081

Full Member
Joined
Feb 16, 2011
Messages
152
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Long Island, NY
Hey Everyone,

Aside from the big game half dollar hunting, I also get boxes of nickels. I know to keep the war nicks, buffs and V's (although I have yet to find one of those).

What else should I keep? I have gotten a few with an "S" mint mark, are those worth anything.... well aside from a nickel that is :D
 
Upvote 0
The common S mint marks are worth nothing more than the D mint marks for those years.

Of course, if you get the proof S marks, they re worth more, obviously. But I know what you are talkiga bout. the late 60s early 70s S marks. By 1971 though they changed to proofs.

th eonly ones worth mroe money are the buffs, war, and V's. But many people, including myslef, keep th eolder ones. Just for the future. No real value in them over others, but I keep 1959 and older. Others do too.

eventually they will change the composition, and then ALL of them will be keepers. But they will be around for years after that, and not really hard to find. For now, I say just the three categories you are keeping, and pre 1960 "if" you desire.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom