What's new

Nickels

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Joined
Feb 16, 2011
Messages
8,188
Reaction score
1,634
Golden Thread
0
Location
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only need a few more nickels to complete my jefferson set...
How many boxes of nickels do you think it would take for me to complete my nickel set? (brinks boxes, if that matters any)

I need the following dates:
1938d
1938s
1939d
1939s
1942d
1946s
1948s
1950d
1951s

The other day I got a 1949s nickel that looks like it was minted yesterday, is that of any value? all steps on the obverse are clearly visible to the naked eye.
Also, there's no sign of wear anywhere on the coin
 
Upvote 0
For 9 dates I will say 15 boxes. Let me know if I win anything from my guess......Matt
 
I've been date searching for over two years and have finished the set, save the 50D. It is a tie between 39D and 50D for hardest to find

HH
-GC
 
1,926,430,448,104,770.07 boxes of nickels to get all of those dates. :laughing9: but really, probably around 100 boxes i would say...hope you get them all in your very next box though! keep it up and hh!
 
I completed my first set in 56 boxes and less than a year. But people said that was very lucky.
 
Thanks all for the responses! Haven't gotten even a 1950P in any of my boxes, but lucky me, I got one from pocket change :laughing7:

I've only gotten 2x 1938P's in about the 15-20 boxes I've done compared to 15x 1939P's... I seem to get 1 or 2x 1939P's in each box, gets me excited until theres no mintmark on the back!

Hopefully next box, my last 2 boxes had plenty of 1940's and 1950's nickels and several late 60's early 70's "s" mint marks (non-proofs)
BUT NO WAR NICKELS OR BUFFALOS AT ALL ???

I usually average 1 of each per box, sometimes 2 buffalo nickels and 1 war nickel per box...

Once I had a brinks roll of nickels snowing the reverse of a buffalo nickel on one end and a 1943 obverse on the other!

Talk about a dream roll..

Anyways, thanks again.

-BuffaloBoy
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom