What's new

night hunt brings a couple of keepers

postalgriff

Silver Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2008
Messages
2,801
Reaction score
1,093
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southern Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
met up with a couple of friends last night and hunted a city lot. there were 3 of us and everybody dug an IH ;D so that was cool. I found the seated love token at about 6 inches. (made from an 1853 dime) Also found my second chauffeurs badge a 1924. The seated token is in bad shape, looks to have had some sort of poxy on it at one time maybe, can't clean it off, any suggestions?
 

Attachments

  • 6-7.webp
    6-7.webp
    45 KB · Views: 264
  • 6-7 IH.webp
    6-7 IH.webp
    27.5 KB · Views: 254
  • 6-7 IH back.webp
    6-7 IH back.webp
    20.5 KB · Views: 256
  • 6-7 token.webp
    6-7 token.webp
    40.7 KB · Views: 254
  • 6-7 token back.webp
    6-7 token back.webp
    31.8 KB · Views: 254
  • 6-7 badge.webp
    6-7 badge.webp
    41.3 KB · Views: 260
Congrats on some great finds Postal :thumbsup: that badge is in choice condition, I wouldn't mess with that love token at all, it's probably silver solder that was used on it and the silver that's in it probably would bond with the coin if you tried removing the lead so I would leave well enough alone myself.
 
Giant056 said:
Congrats on some great finds Postal :thumbsup: that badge is in choice condition, I wouldn't mess with that love token at all, it's probably silver solder that was used on it and the silver that's in it probably would bond with the coin if you tried removing the lead so I would leave well enough alone myself.
Thanks Giant, yeah I think your right about that, and will just leave it alone. It's only my second seated soin so I was hoping it would clean up better. heres another pic of the badge after a little cleaning.
 

Attachments

  • 6-7 badge3.webp
    6-7 badge3.webp
    63.6 KB · Views: 258
Giant056 said:
Congrats on some great finds Postal :thumbsup: that badge is in choice condition, I wouldn't mess with that love token at all, it's probably silver solder that was used on it and the silver that's in it probably would bond with the coin if you tried removing the lead so I would leave well enough alone myself.
i agree that stain per say looks like its gunna be set in pretty well on that seated,an awesome find :hello2:
 
Awesome finds man! That yard sure did give up some oldies. Going to try the Elmers glue or freezer trick on that dime? would be great if it worked. That badge sure did clean up nice too! ffd
 
sweet finds Griff i found me one of them chauffeur badges mine is a 31
 
Smashing finds, J! :headbang: That chauffeur's badge is one righteous relic. WTG on the love token as well. (I want one!) Heck, I even like the razor. Keep it up. :thumbsup:

HH
 
Maybe if you try a little bit of heat the epoxy might flake off try a propane torch I would definitely use caution
 
Totally cool love token and badge! Use electrolosis to get that junk off.
Congrats on some killer keepers!
 
Cool finds all around, Congrats! :thumbsup:

Good luck,
HH.
 
Well done Griff! That IH is in great shape. Love that old seated token and chauffeurs badge too, very cool. :icon_thumleft:
 
Wow! you cant say anything but great things about that hunt! I love everything! That badge is awesome! :icon_thumleft:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom