No Gold but interesting stuff

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
Went hunting at the beach yesterday, some surf, some wet sand. No gold but a successful day just the same. I haven't seen any gold in a while. I am sure it is there. However, the sand is still shifting significantly. The larger targets were found DEEP. The watch band was about 2' deep in waist deep water. Unfortunately the watch was not attached. It is remotely possible that I broke it off the rest of the way when I was digging it up, but I could not find another signal in the hole that was rapidly filling in as I was digging it out with a very large scoop. Of course it didn't help to have two young boys all over me in the surf, trying to see what I was finding. The street fighting knife was about 18" deep in a tiny little pocket of only about 6' long and a few feet wide where there was about an 8" deep hole. Not much of a cut but enough to catch a week signal from a larger target. The Italian Emporio Armani Sunglasses (value of about $115 on the internet) were not too deep but gave a weak signal with most of the glasses being plastic. They are slightly scratched, but it appears that is the way they were when they went into the water. One 925 silver earring and two junk earrings, along with $2.37 in change rounded out the day. Of course, there was also about 10 bottle caps and 25 bobby pins. I almost forgot the last item, which appears to be a ring sizer. The larger side has a 7 on the top and the smaller side has a 6. I always thought going to the beach was like going to a jewelry store but I didn't realize they even provided a ring sizer for you. Happy Hunting to all. Ralph

Attachments

• Beach Treasure 002.JPG
    Beach Treasure 002.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 369
  • Beach Treasure 001.JPG
    Beach Treasure 001.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 360
  • 2 001.JPG
    2 001.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 366
  • Beach Treasure 003.JPG
    Beach Treasure 003.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 361
  • Beach Treasure 006.JPG
    Beach Treasure 006.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 365
  • Beach Treasure 004.JPG
    Beach Treasure 004.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 368
  • Beach Treasure 005.JPG
    Beach Treasure 005.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 368
Upvote 0

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Wicked looking knife! I agree with waterfalljay, nice assortment of goodies! I find plain old hoop earrings and at least yours are a little different! LOL WTG

The Swed Hunther

Aug 12, 2010
Detector(s) used
Xp Gold Maxx Power 18kHz
You cant hit gold all timed, but this finds are better than just bottle caps! :thumbsup:
The knife was cool, and the Armani shades, the last one looks like a broken brass knuckle or a broken
bling bling, the bling bling plate is missing, but just guessing.
Keep it beeping! :headbang:

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's the fun of the hunt that counts. I love to dig up interesting items. In the summer I found several 50 cal. rounds from when they practiced along the Florida coast during WWII.

As for the ring sizer thing, it looks like it may have been one of those two finger rings. I might be wrong, but on the top it looks like it had something welded to it or pinned to it. Here is a link with examples: http://www.personalizedboutique.com/Name-Rings.htm

Interesting that there was only the band to the watch. It will probably be one of those mysteries that we will never know :laughing9:

Hope you find gold on your next hunt.

OP
OP
petersra

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
Thanks JP, 2 Finger ring it is, size 6 & size 7. I agree that there appears there was something pinned to the top. I didn't know they made such things. Shame it wasn't gold :( At least I know what a size 6 & 7 looks like. I think I found a few rings about that size. Sorta cool to be able to tell what size they are by matching up to this size marked 2 finger ring without the top. HH, Ralph

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread