What's new

No idea on this one.

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
2,382
Reaction score
100
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
Seems old by the look of the patina on it. Found it in an area that dates back to 1638. Any ideas?
 

Attachments

  • colchester march 1st. 402.webp
    colchester march 1st. 402.webp
    35.2 KB · Views: 1,093
  • colchester march 1st. 403.webp
    colchester march 1st. 403.webp
    31.4 KB · Views: 1,094
  • colchester march 1st. 404.webp
    colchester march 1st. 404.webp
    25.4 KB · Views: 1,092
  • colchester march 1st. 405.webp
    colchester march 1st. 405.webp
    12.8 KB · Views: 1,082
If the three holes have sloped sides for screws, its a part that fell off the tractor in the field.

Daryl
 
Upvote 0
It looks Surprised :o :laughing7:

Mike
 
Upvote 0
part of a carb, fuel pump or well pump diaphragm?
 
Upvote 0
I find them here so that's why I think they are tractor/planter parts.

Daryl
 
Upvote 0
Looks like a flanged wheel off of a toy train engine to me ..........NGE
 
Upvote 0
I found it n a field, so its more likely to be farm related. :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
BioProfessor said:
I find them here so that's why I think they are tractor/planter parts.

Daryl

CRUSADER said:
I find too many in many different fields...

Any chance of posting pics of the ones you guys find in fields?
 
Upvote 0
I'll look through my crap box. See if any of them made it.

Daryl
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
bigcypresshunter said:
BioProfessor said:
I find them here so that's why I think they are tractor/planter parts.

Daryl

CRUSADER said:
I find too many in many different fields...

Any chance of posting pics of the ones you guys find in fields?

you have got to be joking me, how much room do you think I have left for this kinda rubbish :P I would have box of just these!

Rubbish? You call someones find rubbish? How rude. Why don't you drop your sarcasm & holy attitude cause it only shows your insecurities. Whether someone finds a rusty nail or a gold coin, they thought it important enough to take it home and then post it. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I'm sure everyone would appreciate it if you would not judge their item as rubbish. If you wish to discuss this, feel free to PM to take if off the public forum. Sincerely, Breezie
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
you have got to be joking me, how much room do you think I have left for this kinda rubbish :P I would have box of just these!
At this point it is unidentified..

Maybe you could snap a pic of the next one you find. Then again, maybe your just not interested. :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
Myself I was just curious what it was. When we find 2 or more identical items, it has a good chance of being identified. Maybe its old. :dontknow: Anything old has value to someone. Its most likely farm or tractor related and little monetary value but I would like to know for sure.

I remember tossing items only to find out at a later date they had value.
 
Upvote 0
Last time I checked out my crap box, I found a slave tag. There are different levels of crap.

Dirty crap
Rusty crap
Lead crap
Corroded crap
Bent crap
.....

So if I can't tell what it is, it's crap until I clean it and ID it and then decide if it's rubbish.

Daryl
 
Upvote 0
For years beachcombers tossed the black cookies found on Treasure Beach back into the water because they skipped so well. Of course the black cookies were silver cobs. Just sayin... :)
 
Upvote 0
Sorry but I'm not in the UK.

Sometimes the truth hurts.

Daryl
 
Upvote 0
I think MDers in the UK toss anything less than 100 years old. Its a great place to hunt obviously.

That reminds me Ive got a couple buckets full of rusted iron soaking in fresh water from the Treasure Coast and I guess its time to dump it.
 
Upvote 0
My experience has been they toss anything less than 200 years old. They say 1800's? Bush it. It's crap.

Daryl
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
✅ SOLVED old stake
Replies
3
Views
367
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Any ideas?
Replies
5
Views
735

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom