No Idea What this is but Ringmaster Found one too

Ace^of^Spades

Jul 17, 2014
CT
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO and ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this item today. At first I thought it might be a cowbell while it was in the ground. It is very heavy (8 pounds) and thick with two holes bored through it. Is hollow and very sturdy. I was guessing it to be just a routine Hunk Of Iron (HOI) until I saw an episode of Diggers where Ringmaster Tim found a smaller version of it on St Croix. Pictures below of what I found and the similar item they found on TV.

I have no idea what this is so I'm hoping someone has seen one before. Thanks.

IMG_4295.jpgIMG_4296.jpgIMG_4297.jpgIMG_4299.JPGIMG_4300 9.09.04 AM.JPG2015-08-04_21-02-05_01.jpeg2015-08-04_21-02-05.jpeg

Upvote 1
It is a tooth-cover/protector for an an excavators bucket.
Likely from a large backhoe or track-hoe/excacavator's bucket.

Last edited:
Well I'll be, Bonepicker, you figured it out. I would have never guessed that. Its probably the vanguard of HOI, heavy machinery digging scrap. :censored:

Well I'll be, Bonepicker, you figured it out. I would have never guessed that. Its probably the vanguard of HOI, heavy machinery digging scrap. :censored:
I used to do underground excavations for a electrical utility co.
Those buckets aren't cheap, so they put those covers on to get more life out of them.
The one you have have shown in the 2 bottom pics has worn thin and has a hole forming near the tip.
It was likely replaced and discarded, but they are known to fall off when or if the pin that holds it in place slips out.

Last edited:
It's just a glove for the left hand. Did Ringmaster find the right side?

I have no idea what this is so I'm hoping someone has seen one before.

WhOOO HoooOOo, LOOK LOOK, Get over HERE QUICK~!!!!!!! ACE, ACE- yours was probably used by the FIRST King of Connecticut while he was digging a trench to protect the early settlers from enslavement by the British! It's the ONLY one ever, EVER found!

(insert tree branch swinging here)

Hey ! I love DIGGERS, you can laugh at them and laugh at me too. But I'm always... ALWAYS looking to put ROUNDESS in the POCK and avoid any WEIRDIES ~

26745.jpg

LOL, OK let me put some Cologne on while they rev up their AT Pros :laughing7: (not that there's anything wrong with that :dontknow:).

Hey Ace, here's your boys at Kellyco signing stuff... Did you make it there?

I stood close enough to them so I could inhale their exhale.

(they still didn't invite me to be a guest digger tho...)

IMG_4135.JPG

Last edited:
Good pic. Naw, I didn't make it there tho I do buy from Kellyco. I like KG and Ringy. The bring a lot of visibility to MD for another generation. Yes, they are hysterical more than historical sometimes but that is part of the 'charm'. They don't take themselves too seriously like some do. Reminds me of ol' fishermen spinning yarns in between catches. They have a lot of fun and make it fun for people to watch. I haven't swung from any trees yet, but when I find something worthy, it will be monkey time!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back