What's new

No idea

tomsneck

Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2007
Messages
407
Reaction score
598
Golden Thread
0
Location
marthas vineyard
Detector(s) used
Whites xlt, mxsport
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476405549.551841.webp
Found this among other things. The back is smooth and convex because of the stamp. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476405725.918415.webp
Rang like a zinc penny. The stamp has some numerals that look like a twenty and some that are clearly a ten. Was in the midst of these ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476405967.116831.webp
Any ideas
 
Upvote 12
is it a button? that was my 1st instinct.
 
I don't see the numerals that look like "10 & 20". However, I do see what looks like a capital 'I" or a roman numeral "1" stamped 5 or 6 times on concave side. The convex side was likely created from these "I" stamps being hammered into the other side while on a less-than-hard surface. This is also evidenced in the uneven reflections on the convex side and the sloppy "I" stamp impressions on the concave side.

No idea what it is...
 
Counterstamped blank halfpenny.
 
I know absolutely nothing about coins, but to me it looks like a slug that someone hand stamped.
 
I would say you are correct in your "no idea" identification.
 
Thanks crusader. Think that's the best explanation
 
What is the round disk in the lower right hand corner of the group pic? Looks like it has a date on it.
 
What is the round disk in the lower right hand corner of the group pic? Looks like it has a date on it.

It has a cabin and a name below not date.
 
The old worn out penny is ok, but that crusty button with the log cabin on it is your star find I think. Could we hear some more details about that, or see a better picture?
 
OLE DOG TAG THAT MY EX WORE FROM TIME TO TIME , NEET FINDS .
 
I think its a 1840 pres. campaign token for Gen. W.H. Harrison. Nice finds..

That is the jewel in the crown Hope he didn't trash it.Above the cabin it said Harrison and below it said reform.
 
It's actually a button. Will clean it up and post some pics. It's soaking now
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom