Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Haven't seen my little sister in more than 10 years.

She was here for a weekend visit and my obsession with CRH became a topic of discussion. I could tell she didn't get it so I went to a box that held a reverse Bender. I wanted her to have the fun of opening a roll that I hoped would hold more than one keeper.

She opened the roll, spotted the Franklin straight away, but no others. I meant to take a pic of the unopened roll and post it but never got around to it.

Gave her the coin: 63 Franklin. Good shape. Maybe she'll start paying attention?? We'll see.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Greastart

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Loose, Every family has it's own brand of qwaap. True, I/we let it get in the way. Good news is that once the smell goes away, qwaap is easy enough to deal with. Just gotta clean it up and move along.
I really wish she would have understood how cool a 63 Franklin was to find. (it was a reverse Bender so I knew it was there) Maybe it will grow on her. I'll see her again soon. Maybe I'll find a Wender and let her open that roll up. We'll see.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...Maybe she'll start paying attention?? We'll see...
metal_detector.gif
Shame on you spreading the CRH disease! :)

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loose, Every family has it's own brand of qwaap. True, I/we let it get in the way. Good news is that once the smell goes away, qwaap is easy enough to deal with. Just gotta clean it up and move along.
I really wish she would have understood how cool a 63 Franklin was to find. (it was a reverse Bender so I knew it was there) Maybe it will grow on her. I'll see her again soon. Maybe I'll find a Wender and let her open that roll up. We'll see.

I hear ya. I wasn't truly being judgmental, just a friendly ribbing.
I agree that it would be fantastic if CRH became the common interest to revitalize your relationship with sis.

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh boy!!! Someone else buying boxes!!:laughing7:

dean20653

Jan 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May I ask what a "bender" or "reverse bender" is? Can't seem to find that in the terms.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
May I ask what a "bender" or "reverse bender" is? Can't seem to find that in the terms.

Bender - Ben Franklin Half Dollar on the end of a coin roll.

Reverse Bender - Ben Franklin Half Dollar on the end of the roll showing the reverse of the coin (the bell side)

OP
OP
Greastart

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
I asked the same question about 6 months back. As you can see, the folks here are kind and eager to help/educate anyone that shows genuine interest in learning.

Wait until you find your first. If you're not hooked now, you will be then.

Grease

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread