No Pointer & I Found Diamonds!

DCMetal

Jun 3, 2014
Washington, DC
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It rained last night so you know what that means.... time to hunt. My second pointer is broken-- too much mud, but I'm still hunting.

Today I got a faint hit and dug right in. I discovered a small brooch. Even with the dirt, the diamonds were sparkling. I can't find any marks but still looking. There is corrosion so I'm wondering what the metal could be. Brass? There are faint remnants of gilt so maybe its costume? The diamonds look to be mine cute and are very vibrant.

I'm still waiting to hear from my mother who was a jeweler back in the day. If it's costume, I still love it. The center stone looks to be an amethyst. I also found glass, nails and some bones. Those item were found in what looks to be a burn pit.

Thanks for looking!

IMG_3894.jpgIMG_3895.jpgIMG_3901.jpgIMG_3902.jpgIMG_3903.jpgIMG_3904.jpgIMG_3905.jpgIMG_3906.jpgIMG_3907.jpgIMG_3908.jpgIMG_3909.jpgIMG_3910.jpgIMG_3911.JPGIMG_3912.JPGIMG_3913.JPG

Upvote 10
LOOKS LIKE A VICTORIAN MOURNING BROOCH , SWEET FIND. AND THAT LATCH AN STICK PIN ARE ROUGHLY SECURED TO THE RIM. MAN THAT THING WILL DRAW YOU IN.

LOOKS LIKE A VICTORIAN MOURNING BROOCH , SWEET FIND. AND THAT LATCH AN STICK PIN ARE ROUGHLY SECURED TO THE RIM. MAN THAT THING WILL DRAW YOU IN.

It does look like a mourning pin, which might explain all of the bones I find in my yard. Ha ha!

It does look like a mourning pin, which might explain all of the bones I find in my yard. Ha ha!

Shhhhh....Now the NSA is looking at you....

Nice find! Interesting "things" in your yard! No car trips involved! Nice!

Nice find! Interesting "things" in your yard! No car trips involved! Nice!
My yard has given up so many treasures and there are more to be found. Once I get my "good" detector and pointer fixed I hope to find something really amazing. Thanks for looking!

I've found a couple of vintage brooches in my yard as well. The coolest is a half moon with "diamonds" all around it. Awesome find, love the vintage stuff.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back