No silver yet, but I found this...

mlw67

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2006
Portland, OR
Did I already find all the silver in the Portland area?? Jeez I am having a tough time finding any this year. I've found a pile of wheats this spring so far, but the silver has eluded me.

Today I went out and hunted various places all the way from Milwaukee to Oregon City, and the only old coin I was able to muster was this dateless buffalo.

Still, that's better than a kick in the pants, I guess.

Attachments

• badbuff.jpg
    badbuff.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 395
Upvote 0

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Much better than clad though...still nice

HH
-GC

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool Buffalo! Too bad about the date though.

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Many are dateless, but always a welcome find...Good job...Joe

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey great find, i'll take a buffalo any day. Guess what you will have days like
that, hunt all day long and only find a couple of wheaties. But if you look at my
post today, it ain't all bad. hahah. Take care and I bet the Silver is on it's way
right now.

HH, Ringfinder

OP
OP
mlw67

mlw67

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2006
Portland, OR
Thanks for the kind words.

I think part of it might be that I'm still somewhat getting used to this new detector. I used to have an XLT and I was pretty spoiled. Now I'm using a Classic IDX and I'm struggling with it a bit.

I noticed they redid a bunch of sidewalks in Oregon City--I missed that project. :-\

B

BIG61AL

WITH THE CONDITION MAKING THIS COIN A VERY LOW VALUE, THE NEXT TIME YOU CASH IN SOME NICKLES TO THE BANK PUT THIS IN THE ROLL. YOU'LL GIVE SOMEONE A LITTLE SURPRISE AND YOU'LL ONLY BE OUT FIVE CENTS
AL

OP
OP
mlw67

mlw67

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2006
Portland, OR
Thanks guys.

I don't think I'll be spending it, although the idea does give me a chuckle. A long time ago I buried an old aqua quart mason jar full of dug wheats so that someone someday will have the joy of finding a cache. Of course they will be mystified as to why all the coins inside the jar are all dirty.....and NO I am NOT giving out clues as to where to look for it. heheh

I don't think there is any silver where I found this nickel. It was a very small area with nothing much around it. It just looked like an easy spot to hunt that I figured others might have overlooked. I only found two memorial cents there besides the nickel.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread