What's new

Non original coils

holepuncher

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2014
Messages
286
Reaction score
604
Golden Thread
0
Location
Amboy Wa.
Detector(s) used
AT Pro. Equinox.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are any non factory coils better ( not size but brand) for the AT Pro and for that matter are any coils worst. using it for mainly coins and jewelry.
 
Guess everyone is using stock coils.
 
Can't speak for the at pro, but my fisher likes the cors coil.
 
I’m a bit of a newbie and I dont have the same machine as you but I just did some reading up on this subject. Basically the larger coils get you more depth and the smaller coils are good in trashy areas and are better at pin pointing. I just got my new SEF 8x6 butterfly yesterday but haven’t got a chance to try it out yet.
 
Thanks for the replies. I’m looking at getting a 5 x 8 coil and was just wondering if regular Garrett coil or a Non-stock/brand coil would work better
 
Last edited:
You probably would be better served asking this in the Metal Detecting forum, specifically in the Garrett sub-forum in Brands.
 
The Garrett 5x8 coil is great with the AT pro, i had a hard time in trashy areas with the larger coil that came with it. The 5x8 is now my default coil unless i'm hunting in an open field where there is not a lot of targets.
 
Thank you guess I haven't explored the site enough.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom