Noreaster...beach errosion

ladybug332200

Dec 27, 2005
rhode island
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
Nor'easter...beach errosion

Beaches in RI got hit pretty hard sunday and monday, one particular beach lost 100ft and erroded 5 feet down. Is it a good thing for the metal dectecting people to go check it out? or is it a waste of time ? do you think anything that was there got washed out to sea or what? any imput will be appreciated.

Thanks

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
Re: Nor'easter...beach errosion

ladybug332200,

I don't know the correct answer that the experienced ones will give you, but as for me...........I'm heading for Myrtle Beach, SC this weekend! Being fairly new to MD'ng.....and having just retired in February........I have been chomping at the bit to hit the beach.....for anything. I was at Rehoboath Beach, DE last year when the hurricane hit, and I had the time of my life. My way of thinking is........if it's a sure bet, then it's no fun. Go for it! I look at it this way, "this" may be the day that I find that $8K diamond ring! My 56th birthday is coming up..........May 10th....hmmmmmmm.... ;D :D ;D :D
Happy Hunting!

----Mel
borninok

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Do it Ladybug!!! Like Gypsy said don't forget the camera!!

Imagine 5 feet of sand washing out to sea on the Florida gold coast, who knows what treasures could be had!!

spez401

Jul 13, 2006
Coventry, RI
Detector(s) used
Excal

Ladybug... if i wasn't stuck in my office all day yesterday for depositons, I would have gone down myself. (I live in Coventry, office in Cranston).

Any time you get that kind of erosion, it is ALWAYS worth going to the beach. That much sand being stripped away exposes things that have been buried for a long time.

I'm going to try to get down this afternoon.

steve

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I agree with the others, anytime five feet of earth is removed, their has to be something down their worth finding.

Good luck and like Gypsy said, Don't Forget Your Camera!

Happy Hunting / Night Stalker

OP
OP
ladybug332200

ladybug332200

Dec 27, 2005
rhode island
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter

looks like the weekend will be beautiful..im gonna head to the beaches..and dont worry i wont forget the camera...thats always on me

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250

ladybug332200 said:
looks like the weekend will be beautiful..im gonna head to the beaches..and dont worry i wont forget the camera...thats always on me
if you can get there sooner dont hesitate. the ocean will take sand away and then will put it right back again. ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions