North Carolina Beaches

BenVA

Sep 16, 2003
SW VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, White's MXT, Tesoro Compadre and Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I believe you cant detect on the beach once you get to the national seashore. I went a few years ago and detected in Nags Head. I had fun, but did not find much. I cant find my link to this site, but I would recommend that you take a look at Seaweed and the soda pop pirates site. I think it is listed on the links page at lost treasure magazines web site. Some of the guys that hunt the Outer banks may still post on findsforums beach hunting page, but I have not looked there in a while. I think you will be okay as long as you stay north of the national seashore. I did have someone tell me that the Duck and Corolla areas were good, but I have not been there. If I go there again I would try to hook up with a local hunter and see if I could tag along. Good luck.

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
It's a real shame that you can't detect on Hatteras island. I used to live in Buxton, and know that Diamond shoals has caused a lot of shipwrecks. Isn't called the "Graveyard of the Atlantic" for nothing. I'm sure there's a lot of goodies along the shore! I'm going there with the family in June to visit friends, and it's gonna kill me knowing I can't detect there!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread