What's new

North Carolina MacCorkle?

Twitch

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
2,884
Reaction score
2,359
Golden Thread
0
Location
Missouri
I drove ~8 less hours this weekend looking for rocks than I did last weekend (still drove ~6 hours). Headed down for a hunt w/ NCFieldhunter. Turned Saturday into a 14 hour adventure (including hunting, driving and eating) and I'm proud to say that my 5 year did great and had a blast. Overall we did great. Found about a dozen including brokes. I found a 2-1/8" point that is almost certainly a MacCorkle, only I've never heard of a MacCorkle coming out of North Central North Carolina. I have a video on my son pulling this point out of the ground but I can't figure out how to get the GPS information off the file. NC found about the same amount of stuff.

Any thoughts on the type are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
 

Attachments

  • P1100859.webp
    P1100859.webp
    320.6 KB · Views: 220
Upvote 0
Here is what I am guessing are Kirks Vs Lecroy vs Macorkle in my area. :dontknow: Nice hunt !

100_4205.webp
 
You get around man. From that area I'd call it a Kirk Stemmed - Bifurcated. I have seen some similar examples from that area and that is what the locals tend to call them. Nice point.

Th3rty7 - When I found it I was sure it was a lobbed base or bifurcated Kirk. After I got home the MacCorkle thoughts starting creeping into my head. Not sure there's a big difference between the two but I think you and my initial instincts are probably right. That point in the link you sent looks nearly identical.

Thanks for the comments everyone.
 
Great find...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom