North Georgia Questions

broute33

Tenderfoot
Apr 9, 2022
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi y’all,

I’ve been browsing through tn for a bit now but finally decided to give in and sign up. Not sure if this is in the right section on the forum either… Does anyone have any good treasure legends of North Georgia/Forsyth county, or hell, even Savannah? I know the Dahlonega mint and the red banks Indian tribes are notorious in treasure stories.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2022
There are two books I would recommend. Cry of the Eagle by Forest Wade and Georgia's Fabulous Treasure Hoards by Ernest Andrews. Most of the legends surround gold hidden by the Cherokee's prior to the Trail of Tears and lost mines. Though there are a few civil war legends. I am in Forsyth County and working on a couple.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi y’all,

I’ve been browsing through tn for a bit now but finally decided to give in and sign up. Not sure if this is in the right section on the forum either… Does anyone have any good treasure legends of North Georgia/Forsyth county, or hell, even Savannah? I know the Dahlonega mint and the red banks Indian tribes are notorious in treasure stories.

Thanks!
Welcome to Tnet. Lots of great folks here. I hope you enjoy your time.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are two books I would recommend. Cry of the Eagle by Forest Wade and Georgia's Fabulous Treasure Hoards by Ernest Andrews. Most of the legends surround gold hidden by the Cherokee's prior to the Trail of Tears and lost mines. Though there are a few civil war legends. I am in Forsyth County and working on a couple.
Welcome to Tnet. I hope you enjoy your time here. Great folks to help you out

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Forum: Georgia for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions