North west mounted police?

Norwichnut

Jun 5, 2019
S.E connecticut
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/max, Explorer, CTX, Tesoro Tejon, and many other..BUT MY GO TO MACHINE= Equinox 600 stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• 20231127_165120.jpg
    20231127_165120.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 75
  • 20231127_165213.jpg
    20231127_165213.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 47
Upvote 16
That's a really cool recovery, and like you stated what's it doing there?
Congrats on the recovery and on the silver.

Was this a separate organization?
Bar insignia of the Royal North West Mounted Police
Don in SoCal

RNWMP stands for Royal North West Mounted Police (est. 1873; Canada)​

RNWMP stands for Royal North West Mounted Police (est. 1873; Canada)​

I'm thinking this is where it was on their uniform (or maybe on their hat) , this one in this pic is probably an earlier version? But it's definitely got a slight "roundness" to it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231128-175723_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231128-175723_Chrome.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 13
I'm thinking this is where it was on their uniform, this one in this pic is probably an earlier version? But it's definitely got a slight "roundness" to it
I haven't seen a plate like that before.
Is there anything on the back where something was attached at one time.

I haven't seen a plate like that before.
Is there anything on the back where something was attached at one time.
The back

Attachments

• 20231128_180720.jpg
    20231128_180720.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 24
Canadian mounted, baby
Police force at work
Red and black
It’s their color scheme
Get their man…. (BOC, 1973)

The NW Mounted Police was formed as a small force to serve the more remote settlements of Western and Northern Canada. Its role and territory increased over time and it became the RCMP which is the Federal, nationwide Canadian police force today.

Great Save. It makes you wonder if maybe Dudley had been in this area.

Went to a park I've destroyed over the yrs , and they bushwacked the pickers, I was able to squeeze out a washington and this?
Near as I can tell it's the predecessor to RCMP.. where would this be on their hat/uniform?
Wonder how this got to south east connecticut ..I believe they changed to R.C.M.P in 1920
I don't think it was an insignia for their uniform, very possible it could be a piece of horse tack, i.e. saddle, bridle or saddlebag badge

Went to a park I've destroyed over the yrs , and they bushwacked the pickers, I was able to squeeze out a washington and this?
Near as I can tell it's the predecessor to RCMP.. where would this be on their hat/uniform?
Wonder how this got to south east connecticut ..I believe they changed to R.C.M.P in 1920
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back