northern illinois

OP
OP
M

mikelb

Jul 23, 2004
thanks,for the welcome!will be hitting the local beaches this weekend see what i find and if i bump into any other treasure hunters!

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
Stay off the beaches on the weekends. Many places will run you off and there will be endless interference from a bunch of folks and kids. Beaches are best worked during the early weekdays after the busy weekends. Once you are familiar with your machine work in the busy times and make contacts to search other places. Exanimo, SS

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Hey Siegfried, how ya doin'? Well all healed up and the river is finally almost down to where I can start working it again. Now if these rains would let up for about two weeks...

P.M.'ed Mike with local info on Construction/roadwork where I've been making some decent finds lately. Yep, we were recently on the beach (North Ave) and the kid found her first class ring. Been to all the lost ring sites, posted notes here and there, called the school and the alumni association and located the only people with the name matching the ring initials from that year to no avail. Hopefully we can locate this guy, this year the ring owner's class is having their 20th reunion so it would be good to get it returned.

Hey Mike, Siegfried is right, Chicago beaches are great places to hunt, until about 10:00 a.m. One time my daughter was literally mugged by a mob and she was about 8 yrs old at the time. I went in swinging and almost took a few heads off but came out with the kid and the equipment. That was a rare situation where a bunch of two legged animals hit the beaches early. But there's lots of others hunting there from first light on into the early a.m. with no problem.

Lake Geneva, Wisconsin has well defined rules for MD'ing there but Bigfoot Beach State Park, that tiny strip of sand next to the roadway out into the water at about chest deep is one gold generating and cash making machine, per those who have worked it before. Check with the ranger there before going at it as well as Wisconsin DNR.

OP
OP
M

mikelb

Jul 23, 2004
i will be hitting big foot beach either tonight or about 630 am sunday,so i hope i get some good finds,does anyone know if you can do lake geneva beach or fontana or williams bay beaches when they are closed??let me know thanks mike

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
I used to work with a gal that lives there and works Bigfoot on Sunday eves and does spectacularly. She stays in the water from about 3 1/2' and deeper. Maybe you'll bump into her or one of the other locals and be sure to check that rulebook!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread