Garrett infinium
garrett AT-MAX
Garrett sea hunter mark 2
Fisher gemini 3 ( two box )
Equinox 800
Nokta Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am back in ohio... Elyria to be exact. back in the 1980's ( before internet ) i had done some searching and investigation into the Blinky Morgan Gang. Over their reign of terror they travelled from new york through northern ohio , up into michigan , and as far east up north to Toronto. Blinky Morgan was finally hanged after trial in Ann Arbor... but i think he was actually hanged in Columbus.

Anyway , He was known to have made a large heist of furs in which some were sold to dealers in Pittsburg. Some were believed to be stashed in the Elyria area in a place called " Robbers cave ". It is in cascade park and was on the same hill as the bear cages , just directly on the opposite side. It was excavated by a team years ago and filled in.

They were also known to have committed numerous stage coach robberies. Several things are still in the air. First , stories persist of iron pots buried in the Cascade park area that have never been reported as found. However , metal detecting is now banned in the park... hmm. I found a lot of old silver in there over the years.

Also , it was believed that much of their fortune amassed was stored in locations around their travel area for future use. As well as at an accomplices house in Michigan. So Research could lead you to old spots along the black river and all the way north to michigan, They had a fondness for caves as many outlaws did. Any cave between here and Ann arbor might be prime , but i tend to believe the loot is usually buried outside the cave but within eyesight.

This may give you a nudge to do a little more research , and most known facts indicated they travelled in the woods whenever possible so old maps could show a pathway to travel north completely through the woods. I didn't post any links because i am not sure what is allowed and what is not. But google blinky morgan gang and they are there.

happy hunting and full sacks !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread