Norwegian Treasure hunter says hi!

Mr.Rust

Jan 7, 2016
Aalesund
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Garret pro pointer,Nokta Core, Garret Gold pan set, Guldstrøm Eldorado Special Sluicebox, Garret Retriever II, Black Ada BigFoot shovel,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone, :hello:

I Am Mr.Rust or Marius, some people call me. I am 29 years old, from the place fjords devide
the mountains of Norway. I do metal detecting, (for relics, coins, jewlery, viking stuff)
I also pan for gold, shipwrecks, recently also started to get involved with gem hunting.
The reason i call my self Mr.Rust is because i own a small antiques shop
(Rust Antikk(Rust Antiques in Norwegian)), that also have a undercompany called
Rust relic recovery or 3xR for short. We (me and 2 colleagues) rent our self out to companies
and regular people, that need to find property markers, lost items, and so on. We also make a
youtube show about history and items from the Antique shop, and will start making metal
detecting / treasure hunting videos later this year, The history show is in Norwegian,
but the new treasure hunting show will be in English. I look forward to this as we do a lot
of treasure hunting in our spare time. The reason i joined this forum is to come in contact
with like minded people around the globe. I love learning new things, and my job let me travel
a bit around the world, So it would be cool to get some new friends that might want to meet up
for some detecting when we are out traveling. And of course if someone is visiting Norway i'll be
glad to show you some spots, and keep you company :) So i hope i get welcomed into the heat on
the forum and i will contribute with content,finds and trip reports as soon as the ice and snow disappears. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard Marius!

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello and welcome!

Truly looking forward to your videos - here in Yacolt WA, we didn't get permanent settlers until 1865, just fur trappers, gold prospectors before that, so excited to see your long history unearthed -

Ms. Molewacker

OP
OP
Mr.Rust

Mr.Rust

Jan 7, 2016
Aalesund
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Garret pro pointer,Nokta Core, Garret Gold pan set, Guldstrøm Eldorado Special Sluicebox, Garret Retriever II, Black Ada BigFoot shovel,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello and welcome!

Truly looking forward to your videos - here in Yacolt WA, we didn't get permanent settlers until 1865, just fur trappers, gold prospectors before that, so excited to see your long history unearthed -

Ms. Molewacker

That's the bad thing about living in America i guess, not too much history, the good thing though is everything else :P LoL,
And, you are really good at preserving the history you do have! But even without all the history i want to move to America so bad,
Since the "newer" history is a lot more for my liking, im a motorcycle and hot rod guy too:headbang:, But stuff like that is almost non existing in Norway. And waaaaaaaaaaay to expensive, same goes for the gasoline. However, we do have neat history and often really great detecting finds,
i know at least 3 people who found viking artifacts with detectors just 1-3 hours from my house, which i think is impressive due to the few people i know that actually detect around here... Also on a field in my town they have found at least 8-10 settlements dating from year 0-800.
The biggest of them is the largest viking longhouse ever unearthed. a bit up the valley where i live we know there has been settlements from at least 1500, i have found a buckle from 1600-1700 here, but in the mountains above my house i have found small walls made of rocks in strategic places to act like hunting blinds for deer hunting, these are from 500-1030 (iron age) So its fair to say that we CAN find really interesting stuff, But compared to the US coins are rare in my area, i don't know if it is because there always have been few people living here, or if its just to deep down for me to find them. Also the Coins we do find is often copper and pretty beat up due to the harsh weather conditions. But im crossing my fingers for some hammered coins with crosses on them this summer :D
Im gonna walk some really old trails over the mountains close to me, which are called the "king road's" on local tongue.
Rumors has it that its where the kings crossed the mountains on horse in the old days, Hopefully one of them lost they're leather-pouch full of viking loot :icon_thumleft: i tried once before, but got surprised of ligtning strikes and crazy rain. Not the ideal circumstances when waving a metal object in high altitude :laughing7:

Thanks to all of you that have welcomed me btw :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions