Not a bad first hunt at a long searched for spot

Wldbil

Bronze Member
May 10, 2010
Claremore OK
Detector(s) used
White's XLT/ Garrett AT Pro/ Ace 250
I have been looking for an old ferry crossing for awhile. The actual building that they worked out of was about a 1/2 mile from the river. The first building was the house, but they later added a store, post office and black smith shop. The original building was supposed to have been built about 1840 or so. During the Cival War the site was used to cross the river and a stage stop was later setup there as well. With the help of a fellow club member we were able to locate the spot we thought that the house was. I went to the site a few weeks ago and was able to gain permission to hunt the site. Today my unlce, brother-in-law and I went to the site for a few hours of hunting to hopefully confirm we were in the right area. 10 minutes into the hunt my brother-in-law finds a 1856 Seated Liberty Quarter. We of ocurse got excited thinking it was a great sign of things to come. That would be the best find of the day with only a few other wheat pennies found. I did dig up an old iron, a few buckles, thimble and a silver plater what's it??? Almost looks like something for smoking a cigar with, any ideas??? Anyways we only got to hunt a little of the area that available to us and by all the trash you can see we have plenty more to dig. Hopefully more coins will start to come to light, along with some Civil War relics.

Seated Quarter.png

Finds.png
Iron.png

Timble.png

Junk.png

Upvote 3

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love it when a plan comes together! :icon_thumright:

WTG

HH!

mangum

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a promising site, hopefully it will give up some more old coins. Good luck & HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions