Not a Bad Weekend, Civil War and a Couple of Indians

Jacobsdt

Jan 9, 2012
VA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Fisher F75 ltd, Garrett Pro Pointer and a little luck
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I spent some time in the heat this past weekend, lost about 10 pounds. But found a few good items.

Indian1.jpg PART_1433782805237_20150607_112022.jpg

Thimble.jpg

Thing.jpg Not sure what this piece was, it feels brass and is hollow, I put the bullet in the pic for size.
Poker Chip.jpgThis is lead shaped out like a coin, I have heard soldiers making poker chips out of bullets?
SmallEagle.jpg Eagle.jpg Ironbutton.jpg Buttons, a little rough though.

PART_1433782862701_20150607_113336.jpg Arrowhead.jpg Arrowhead was just laying in plain site, my second.
Hook3.jpg I found 3 of these knapsack hooks. Rather deep and close together.
Bullet.jpg Three ring bullet deep under a big root.
Token.jpegMy friend found this one, I wish I had found it. I had past by it many times. We were just about done for the evening when he found it. Army Navy token 1963.

Thanks for looking, happy hunting.

Upvote 11
Nice hunt !! :thumbsup:

Looks like you have a good hunt site. :thumbsup: What detector where you swinging to find those pieces of history?

Great finds! Your IH heads are in great shape. It's hard to beat CW finds. Congrats. I too hunted VA this weekend, it was plenty warm.

The unknown piece next to the bullet is the mouthpiece for a brass band instrument (bugle, over the shoulder horn, coronet, etc) - not sure which specific type - but looks to be ACW period at a glance.

DANG JACOB, FINE RELICS YOU HAVE. THIMBLE ,BUGLE MOUTH PEICE BUTTONS ,HOOK SEEMS YOU HAVE A GOOD SITE TO HUNT..........VANZUTPHEN

I really love finding those civil war tokens and store cards. Such a variety of them too. Each northern state and other areas made their own since real pennies were hoarded during the war.

WOW! I'd kill for a site like that! Outstanding finds!! :notworthy::notworthy::occasion14:

The F75, I have had a lot of great finds with it.

Wow, nice assortment! A very good hunt indeed! :treasurechest::thumbsup:

Way cool saves. I think everyone nailed it on your unknown brass piece as well. Very old, instrument mouth piece!!!

VERY well done, my friend. ANY CW button is a good button in 2015 . . .

some great finds made, I like that knapsack hook the best I think!

very cool!!

The unknown brass piece next to the bullet is upside down... it is the top of a broken candle holder... taa daa! Nice finds. Congrats,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back