What's new

Badges.....I don't need no stinking badg....

cudamark

San Diego Ring Finder
🥇 Charter Member
Top Banner Poster
Joined
Mar 16, 2011
Messages
15,096
Reaction score
20,176
Golden Thread
1
Location
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 2 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I may not need them, but, I like finding them. San Diego Army Navy Academy 1910. It's a place I've found them before, so, after the rains we've had lately, I figured the conditions were right to find some more. They all seem to be down pretty deep.....10-12 inches on average, plus there's older coins in that area too. No silver this time, but, a couple of wheat cents showed up. A souvenir squashed penny from the Birch Aquarium, an old bullet shell casing, a key, a couple of belt buckles, and what I figure is probably a key fob to a motel room #103 round out the finds this hunt.
20251227_224121.webp
 
Upvote 18
In 1910 Captain Thomas A. Davis founded the San Diego Army and Navy Academy in the Old Balboa Hotel at Pacific Beach with just thirteen students (current enrollment is about 275 students. ANA is a private, college-preparatory boarding school for boys, known as the "West Point of the West". It moved to its current location in Carlsbad, California, in 1936, becoming the last traditional military academy in the region. Written within the ribbon insignia it Latin, reads ~ "Fortiter / Fideliter / Feliciter". The back of the badge may have the students name and year he attended ANA.
My son attended the ANA campus in Carlsbad for six years (7th-12th grade). And what did he do what all that military bearing? He joined an off Broadway acting academy in New York City !! Go figure.
Don in SoCal
 
Nice addition to a collection.
Have you dug any of the buckles yet?

View attachment 2238888
My detecting buddy has, but, I haven't yet. I do have a uniform button with the same sort of logo though, and I found an old whistle that may have been used there. There's also a different badge than this, but, I've only seen one, haven't found one. They made some hat badges with an eagle on top too. I believe those were screw-on type, so, probably not lost as easily.
 
Great job
Congratulations and thank you for sharing
 
I may not need them, but, I like finding them. San Diego Army Navy Academy 1910. It's a place I've found them before, so, after the rains we've had lately, I figured the conditions were right to find some more. They all seem to be down pretty deep.....10-12 inches on average, plus there's older coins in that area too. No silver this time, but, a couple of wheat cents showed up. A souvenir squashed penny from the Birch Aquarium, an old bullet shell casing, a key, a couple of belt buckles, and what I figure is probably a key fob to a motel room #103 round out the finds this hunt.
View attachment 2238835
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom