Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Garrett AT PRO w/ 5x8" coil
Garrett Carrot,
GG Amphibian HP,
40"ground shark
Keene A52 Sluice box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being interested in all aspects of retrieving relics and minerals from the earth I've always been one should like to try various types of tools. I saw Aquachigger on one of his videos where he praised this type of shovel from Lowes or Home Depot. He explained all the different reasons for each of the various shovels that he presented and which work better than others, and finally gave high regards for this shovel. It of course like most things nowadays was made in China. I had to check all the welds on each of them before I bought one. I ended up using the shovel for about three hours at the 1890 house. Already it has proven his lack of quality and a weld separated from the face of the blade to the handle and the soil wasn't that dense. Otherwise it was a very comfortable shovel to use. I need to lean how to weld and I do not recommend anybody purchasing this shovel.

https://youtu.be/_crGj7ahLuQ

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    888.8 KB · Views: 192
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    761.5 KB · Views: 195

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one he has in the video looks more heavy duty than the kobalt version you got. You sure it's the same one? He did mention that they came in different qualities.

Palmetto Pony

Aug 21, 2016
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus /Teknetics T2 Classic/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ironically I just watched the same video last night (before seeing your post!). I agree with Jadocs, it is a different shovel than what Aquachigger shows. I looked through the Lowes website and found that, other than the exact blade style, the one he uses appears to be a Truper Tru Pro brand. If you compare the blade design on yours to the one he shows you can see the differences (his has no ribs in the blade and the handle is yellow fiberglass).

51-I45DJEKL._SL1500_.jpg

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had that exact Kolbalt shovel. Broke it three times in three different places. Got tired of having it welded back together and bought the Sampson. It's held up well. Even in frozen ground.

HH RN

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I use the Lesche T handle Relic Hunter Shovel and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a heavy duty shovel that is quality made. It does great in our concrete hard red Georgia clay. Lesche makes quality tools. I am in no way affiliated with this company. Just a pleased customer.

Jeff In North Georgia

Aug 23, 2006
Suwanee, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Fisher F75+
A lot of times things like this are made by one large company and they are stamped with different company names, colors, types of handles, ect....
So if one "brand" is having issues, they all will, like the quality and strength of the welds here.

Jeff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread