Dec 9, 2013
South Orange County CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Outlaw ,Cibola, Sand Shark,
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Safari.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im sure thankful for my Tesoros. Why ? you ask. I thought that buying a new Minelab Xterra 705 would give me some extra horse power to use when things got a little dicey and I needed a little more push. Nope Im lying , I just thought... that I needed a , well... a new VID and tone ID machine.
Yeah! whatever! Im still a new B. :BangHead: So after about 5 months of operation and using the Minelab two to three hours a week, it took a dump! Those really cool push buttons are'nt so cool. If you think the RETUNE on the OUTLAW might be a problem , well you aint seen nuttin!!! When these fancy buttons go bad they go bad in a big way. IM SO THANKFUL FOR MY FAITHFUL TESOROS!!!!!! You folks out there sitting on the fence about which MD to buy , take it from me get a TESORO FIRST!!! Then yes if you convince yourself that you need a fancy dandy push button MD then knock yourself out and get one.
But just make sure you have a few 9volts laying around to keep you trusty Tesoro up and running when your other fancy machine takes a dump. LONG LIVE TESORO!!!!!:notworthy:

john glassman

Apr 16, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like your post the more fancy butons to get ready to dectecting. I will be already in feild swing my tesoro hehe

shovelready

Apr 21, 2015
s.w.washington
Detector(s) used
tesoro outlaw vaquero, anfibio multi, Makro pulse dive
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Turn on, ground balance, swing, dig......pretty simple. just saying.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well...I had a fancy button X-Terra for 6 years and never had a bit of trouble with it!

Same here, my X-Terra 505 was 3-4 years old. Zero problems. 2 different F2's in 5 years with fancy buttons, zero problems. I did have to send my Vaquero back though, due to lack of depth, and the Compadre's crackly potentiometer would need cleaning every so often, being so exposed to dirt (which I tend to hunt in). Everybody puts out a defective machine once in awhile, but problems with X-Terra's are not common at all.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im sure thankful for my Tesoros. Why ? you ask. I thought that buying a new Minelab Xterra 705 would give me some extra horse power to use when things got a little dicey and I needed a little more push. Nope Im lying , I just thought... that I needed a , well... a new VID and tone ID machine.
Yeah! whatever! Im still a new B. :BangHead: So after about 5 months of operation and using the Minelab two to three hours a week, it took a dump! Those really cool push buttons are'nt so cool. If you think the RETUNE on the OUTLAW might be a problem , well you aint seen nuttin!!! When these fancy buttons go bad they go bad in a big way. IM SO THANKFUL FOR MY FAITHFUL TESOROS!!!!!! You folks out there sitting on the fence about which MD to buy , take it from me get a TESORO FIRST!!! Then yes if you convince yourself that you need a fancy dandy push button MD then knock yourself out and get one.
But just make sure you have a few 9volts laying around to keep you trusty Tesoro up and running when your other fancy machine takes a dump. LONG LIVE TESORO!!!!!:notworthy:

Also if its only 5 months old, do you realize ML will fix it free of charge? It should have a 3 year warranty.

OP
OP
Hobojo

Hobojo

Dec 9, 2013
South Orange County CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, I know what your saying and agree with y'all. Its just my luck! Kind of a pull tab moment I guess. Also ML has been contacted and will service the MD as needed!
Peace and HH.

But keep those Tesoros just in case!

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You are absolutely right!
My Tesoro Cibola still keeps finding those goodies - no ground-balancing - almost a turn-on-and-GO machine!!
And, at 14.7kHz, it is pretty HOT, finds some real small stuff, and deep, too!....can't beat a Lifetime Warranty!

john glassman

Apr 16, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have only send my tollect 2 once to tesoro for loose wire in battery plug.. Its the best machine overall hunting old callerhole and night detecing !

lockster99

Dec 8, 2013
SE Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OK...you got a lemon. You say you realize that you got a bad one. But you just ripped all "fancy" push button detectors.

By the way....push button detectors go back quite a few years, and many are still clickin' and tickin'.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hobojo

Hobojo

Dec 9, 2013
South Orange County CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, current status of said Minelab? Three weeks and nothing heard. Four emails unanswerd. Oh where oh can my Minelab be, oh where , oh where can it be?
Still there's hope , why ? I still have my trusty Tesoro! Onward and Upward!
Not a good first experiance with my Minelab, again this IS JUST MY experiance yours and others may differ.
Peace and HH
Waiting for a call back now.....

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, current status of said Minelab? Three weeks and nothing heard. Four emails unanswerd. Oh where oh can my Minelab be, oh where , oh where can it be?
Still there's hope , why ? I still have my trusty Tesoro! Onward and Upward!
Not a good first experiance with my Minelab, again this IS JUST MY experiance yours and others may differ.
Peace and HH
Waiting for a call back now.....

When you start finding all the stuff you missed with the Tesoro, the Minelab will be worth the wait!

OP
OP
Hobojo

Hobojo

Dec 9, 2013
South Orange County CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh and by the way , The best find of my life is my Wife!!!!

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh and by the way , The best find of my life is my Wife!!!!

I feel you buddy! Mine is also a find of a life time. Thanks for that:-)

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Vaquero with 8x11, 8x9, 5.75 concentric coils.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I feel you buddy! Mine is also a find of a life time. Thanks for that:-)[/ images (2).jpg
you two have been brainwashed, haha

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hobojo

Hobojo

Dec 9, 2013
South Orange County CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used