What's new

Not dug, but need some information on this print.

lucky1777

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2005
Messages
1,362
Reaction score
24
Golden Thread
0
Location
Illinois
I am looking for some information on this print. It is by Charles Gustrine and is has a date of 1901. I am looking for any information on this. I also need to know a value, to see if I need to get this piece insured. Thanks for any help.
 

Attachments

  • print232.webp
    print232.webp
    178.9 KB · Views: 428
  • print229.webp
    print229.webp
    171.2 KB · Views: 411
Description: Portraits of Abraham Lincoln, William McKinley, and James A. Garfield float above the U.S. Capitol. Next to each man is a list of the high points of his career.
Subject: Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865--Pictorial works, McKinley, William, 1843-1901, Garfield, James A. (James Abram), 1831-1881
United States Capitol (Washington, D.C.)
Date: 1901
Publisher: Charles Gustrine & Co.
Notes: Following the third assassination of a president in thirty-six years, publishers created images depicting the martyred leaders. William McKinley visited Redlands in 1901, and a large memorial bust of him sits in Smiley Park near the Lincoln Shrine.
Format of Original: Lithograph
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom