Not finding too much, but did get my first silver coin of 2008

nebstater

Jul 24, 2007
Star City
Detector(s) used
White's - DFX,Prizm V, Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Been hunting some of the local parks this past week, and hadn't really found too much other than a little clad. So yesterday, Terry (Icandigit) and I decided to go back to a park that we had hit last December, and it had given up an 1853 half dime. We were a little anxious to recheck this field as we had checked it in February, and got a number of deep readings, but we just couldn't dig them as the ground was like cement. Well, to make a long story short, we each found a bunch of clad, but only a couple of decent coins. He found a 41 wheat penny, and I came up with a 1964D dime. What was really funny, is that we couldn't find any of the deep readings that we got in February. Guess we will go back after the next rain and see what happens.

Also pictured is a copper belt buckle that I found at a park last week. It is made to look like it was made of leather, with even the etching in it looking to have been imprinted on it. But it's copper and it's heavy.

All it all, I can't complain too much, as this is my first silver coin of the year. Hope that it's not the last. HH all.

Attachments

• PPP1.jpg
    PPP1.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 400
  • Holmes 1.jpg
    Holmes 1.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 389
Upvote 0
Congrats on the first silver of the year. I'm sure you'll pop a few more out....maybe another halfdime :thumbsup:

Yea, congrats on the first silver!!! :thumbsup:

Nice buckle. I hunt some parks that are pretty old and have not found silver yet. The only silver I have found has come from fields next to schools that were built around 1950.

Hello Neb!
The ground, if it's like here in Southern Colorado is still a bit frozen. Thank God for Spring!

Nice belt buckle! Silver is always good regardless of year! :)

GRB :coffee2:

Gotta love silver...nice find... 8)

GoldenRoyBoy said:
Hello Neb!
The ground, if it's like here in Southern Colorado is still a bit frozen. Thank God for Spring!

Nice belt buckle! Silver is always good regardless of year! :)

GRB :coffee2:

Boy you guys have really been getting the snow this year. We had some real hard freezes, but the ground is pretty well thawed out now. You should have some pretty good hunting there in Trinidad, as I've been thru there a few times. Lots of possible sites. The coin was my first silver coin of the year, but my 5th silver piece. I've found 2 silver rings, a silver fob, and a broken silver latch off of a bracelet. Let me tell you, it's all good. Hope you are able to get out soon. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back