What's new

Not metal, but still salvage rights discussion

Talon

Hero Member
Joined
May 18, 2012
Messages
634
Reaction score
165
Golden Thread
0
Location
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800, Minelab Excal II, Tesoro Tigershark, Garrett ACE 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A friend posted this article on Facebook. The gist is that people are being prosecuted for diving and "harvesting" lost disc golf frisbees. I feel this could set a precedent against finding lost jewelry and other items. I think that any good detectorist would return something that so blatantly had a name and phone number on it. Thoughts?

http://discgolfaddiction.com/sell-my-disc-go-to-jail/
 
Never heard of golf disk before. When did they stop calling them Frisbees.
 
Interesting. I know of a guy who has a rake attached to a string that picks them out of a lake calls the numbers on them for a "reward". Seems like a good racket as some of those things are not cheap. I don't know about that being illegal. Just don't do it in FL.
 
I guess the point I was getting at is that they are making it illegal to find things that the owners were never going to recover.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom