What's new

Not much today, need help on IDing an item!

kleinerschmitter

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2010
Messages
439
Reaction score
1,063
Golden Thread
0
Location
Birmingham, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Excalibur II, Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
Not much today, need help on ID'ing an item!

Got out to a new park for a couple of hours, it's very close to where I live and big but the finds were not much to brag about. Scored one lone 1946-S wheat penny, a copper cap to maybe a match holder or something. Also, found a SIDE-WINDER lure, some silver played decorative thing and a dog tag for Peaches. The mystery item I need help identifying is an octagon copper rod that transitions to square and is bent, the smaller square part used to be surrounded by square iron and still has a bit left. It has threading on the bigger end and weighs a couple of ounces.

Thank you all for your help and I hope you can get out and swing the coil some!!
IMAG1728.webp
 
Upvote 8
I don't know either.
Nice finds you got there!
 
That lure is cool. I bet it's old
 
Temperature sensor just a guess
 
Nice hunt,
I was thinking, since that "What is it?" Had threads, it screws into a handle of some type. Maybe an extension pole like the type used by painters?
 
For some reason, I think this might be a sacrificial anode. ?
Not sure why, though... (Probably not the water heater type.)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom