Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello:

Well I managed to get out on Sunday for a few hours, but to be honest it's harder to find a field that's dry enough to detect, than it is to find something worth while to show. A stubble field that I have done before, and one that has produced Roman coins gave us a chance for a few finds at least.

The going was like wading through treacle, the mud sticking to the boots and spade made the going really rough, but then my buddy called to me with a smile on his face and said take a look at this :o A very nice Roman Seal Box Lid with some traces of enamaling still left, and that was about it, apart from a few Roman Grots. Hopefully soon I can get to my new fields and show you a few nice finds of my own, I just thought you might like to see this one. :thumbsup:

SS

Attachments

• IMGP0840.JPG
    IMGP0840.JPG
    269.7 KB · Views: 80
  • IMGP0842.JPG
    IMGP0842.JPG
    184.1 KB · Views: 77
  • IMGP0843.JPG
    IMGP0843.JPG
    187 KB · Views: 74
  • IMGP0839.JPG
    IMGP0839.JPG
    173.4 KB · Views: 82
Upvote 5
Very nice:: l have never ever found one. Roll on some dry weather. or maybe some frost:: and we can get searching .
Hutch.

Thats a very nice piece for sure! Outstanding condition! And your fields are flooded the same like ours...Water between the rows and puddles everywhere. No chance to dig there...:dontknow:

Very nice Roman box cover! finally decided to post! .... missing the green fields of Yorkshire photos, are the best pictures of T.Net! :icon_thumleft:

Thats a very nice piece for sure! Outstanding condition! And your fields are flooded the same like ours...Water between the rows and puddles everywhere. No chance to dig there...:dontknow:
The water table is so high, the water has got no were to go, like Hutch said we need some good frosts to dry the fields out.

SS

Very nice Roman box cover! finally decided to post! .... missing the green fields of Yorkshire photos, are the best pictures of T.Net! :icon_thumleft:
Don't worry Hispan, soon I will be going to my new fields in the Yorkshire Wolds 8-)

SS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back