Not possible digging that deep.

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1401291

The Canadian Government (without an autopsy) then changed it to "Hydrogen Sulfide" with the explanation that apples had fallen into the hole.

Unlikely. Assigning cause of death is the role of the Medial Examiner with Nova Scotia's Department of Justice. It is provincial jurisdiction, not federal. The Government of Canada would have nothing to do with Oak Island in any way.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Be Careful When Quoting From Wikipedia...They sometimes Leave you "High and Dry".

PS - the stone would have said "1706". a Swiss pigment maker came up with the process. Not a Mason, Templer, Alien or Pirate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johann_Jacob_Diesbach

30 years before the first Masonic Lodge was organized.

View attachment 1401325

High and Dry.jpg

My quote from my post: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/oak-island/441806-oak-island-strange-bizarre-maybe-truth-7.html
Page # 7
Post #102

In my previous report I showed that the year was 1704, I believe Wikipedia changed the date to change the credit for the discovery to Diesbach

Fortunately I have found another quote showing the "True Year" to be: 1704

"Prussian Blue was the first modern synthetic pigment, discovered by accident in 1704.[SUP][14]"

[/SUP]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pigment#Development_of_synthetic_pigments

[SUP]

[/SUP]

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Do you have a source for this? I cannot find any reference to the claim (did not look that hard).

The reported stories do make the exhaust fumes theory seem pretty week

ie
Tragedy's - The Oak Island Mystery (sample of what most seem to say)..

That does not look like exhaust fumes if this is what actually happened. I have not seen any other references to gas being found on oak island when people digging.

Given that the cause of death was drowning what is the origin of the gas report... It also seems pretty 'questionable' that one after another these 4 people all just saw the previous person collapse and fall down the hole.. Then went over and the same thing happened to them..

I stated in my thread: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/oak-island/441806-oak-island-strange-bizarre-maybe-truth-7.html
Page: # 7

In it I have posted the Radio Interview with Lee Lamb...Robert Restall's daughter where within it she states the Governments Report given to her on her Father's cause of death

I listened to the radio interview of his daughter Lee Lamb" who wrote 2 books on her father and his death.
Her statement was that the 4 people who died, all died from Hydrogen Sulfide poisoning.

That this poison (swamp Gas) was caused from a reaction of the stagnant water and apple trees located on the island.

This contrasts from what most thoughts were of Carbon Monoxide poisoning from the pump exhausts.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Strain at a Gnat!

Unlikely. Assigning cause of death is the role of the Medial Examiner with Nova Scotia's Department of Justice. It is provincial jurisdiction, not federal. The Government of Canada would have nothing to do with Oak Island in any way.

Strain at a Gnat.jpg

Since when did the Department of Justice become not a part of the Government of Canada?

Canada's Department of Justice

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK. I checked a non-Wiki source and I will give you "1704" is the date (per the Encyclopaedia Britanica) that it was first synthesized.

But I will follow up with a report from the CDC stating it is "harmless" and used in pill form to treat thallium and cesium poisoning. https://emergency.cdc.gov/radiation/prussianblue.asp

The drug is safe for most adults, including pregnant women, and children (2-12 years). Dosing for infants (ages newborn-2 years) has not been determined yet.

Still no link to Oak Island or evidence of its presence there.

But "1704" does bring up other thoughts. The Great Storm of 1703 blasted British shipping in the last days of November that year and 30 merchant vessels and 13 Naval vessels were lost: 1,500 men missing. That's a lot or wood and seamen afloat. Possibly some lasted long enough to wash ashore in Smith's Cove on Oak Island and scratch a date on a stone?

But that would be a horrible end.

mildred-with-1704-stone.jpg

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Is it a Hypothesis or Null Hypothesis

As a reminder, if they placed "Pure Prussian Blue" in there, it's non-toxic. If they placed hydrogen cyanide in there, it's not blue. In either case, it may not fit with your timeline. There are dates associated with both substances.

Fish kills are another subject entirely, and a very interesting one. We've had a few over the years out here, including an ongoing "fish massacre" in the Hood Canal. There are a couple of workable theories that can explain this. I'm fairly confident in one of them. It doesn't involve hydrogen cyanide. None of the others do either. Things may be different in your neck of the woods, but I'd look at the existing theories before advancing one like this. We don't know everything about anything, but we usually know something about that thing.

Just my opinion. Take it for what it's worth.

hy·poth·e·sis
hīˈpäTHəsəs/
noun
[COLOR=#878787 !important][/COLOR]

• a supposition or proposed explanation made on the basis of limited evidence as a starting point for further investigation.
    [COLOR=#878787 !important]"professional astronomers attacked him for popularizing an unconfirmed hypothesis"[/COLOR]
    • PHILOSOPHY
      a proposition made as a basis for reasoning, without any assumption of its truth.

I believe the confusion I raise each time I try to present my Hypothesis is that there are:
Pure Prussian Blue and there is Prussian Blue the Dye.

I realize it is a stretch to infer that these Alchemist may have used the tunnels, shaft, iron deposits and the catalyst of Ocean Salt Water as a huge test tube to synthesize Hydrogen Cyanide out of Pure Prussian Blue within.

I do believe that the Blue Clay reported found and documented was not indigenous to Oak Island and had been placed there for a reason.

Whether as a Lethal Defense, Marine Life deterrent, or as Puddle Clay for a water tight sealant.

The Proof needed will have to wait until further evidence is found!

null-hypothesis.png

Bud Aurum

Jan 6, 2017
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hy·poth·e·sis
hīˈpäTHəsəs/
noun
[COLOR=#878787 !important][/COLOR]

• a supposition or proposed explanation made on the basis of limited evidence as a starting point for further investigation.
    [COLOR=#878787 !important]"professional astronomers attacked him for popularizing an unconfirmed hypothesis"[/COLOR]
    • PHILOSOPHY
      a proposition made as a basis for reasoning, without any assumption of its truth.

Hi Robot,
    Seems those of us armed with the words "Hypothesis" or "Proposition" are being slayed throughout the site by the majority using the words "Proof" & "Evidence".

Your Bud Aurum

Last edited:

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
Pure Prussian Blue and there is Prussian Blue the Dye.

Then you're using terminology that seems to be out of phase with what's commonly used everywhere else. What is the difference between pure Prussian blue and Prussian blue the dye, as you understand them? Please be thorough...chemical composition, methods of production, anything that you can provide would be helpful. If we're talking past each other based on verbiage, now is the time to sort this out.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
My Hypothesis of Prussian Blue Pertaining to Oak Island is Now a "Null Hypothesis"

Then you're using terminology that seems to be out of phase with what's commonly used everywhere else. What is the difference between pure Prussian blue and Prussian blue the dye, as you understand them? Please be thorough...chemical composition, methods of production, anything that you can provide would be helpful. If we're talking past each other based on verbiage, now is the time to sort this out.

Once an Idea.jpg

My "Idea" as to the possibility that "Pure Prussian Blue" was used as the mysterious blue clay reported, will need to await further evidence to support my theory.

This evidence may appear in the future with the Lagina Brothers finding a core sample and having it analyzed or Hydrogen Cyanide detected in the ground water.

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This evidence may appear in the future with the Lagina Brothers finding a core sample and having it analyzed or Hydrogen Cyanide detected in the ground water.
Or if you are correct finding it and dropping dead from cyanide poising.....

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A gentile sugestion, in mining we are always faced with the problem of keeping cyanide active, it combines with too many things ..Did they even know how to make it in those days ??

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, the rapid rate of death for all four in my opinion could only have been contributed to...Hydrogen Cyanide

That depends on the PPM of this gas 100-200 PPM 10 minutes or more depending different conditions.
Over 2000 PPM and HCN will kill you in about a minute.

One person survived that day and was rescued.That rules out a heavy concentration of HCN.The others fell unconscious from the gas and actually drowned in a shallow amount of water.Drowning was listed as the cause of their deaths.

It is almost certain that CO was the gas that lead to their deaths.Especially given that a generator was running at the edge of the trench they were working in.The dangers of CO in and around confined spaces is well known is this day and age but there are still many deaths resulting from CO recorded each year.

I suppose it may be possible HCN was the gas responsible for this accident but until CO could be ruled out anyone with a basic knowledge of gasses would be placing the blame on CO.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
My "Idea" as to the possibility that "Pure Prussian Blue" was used as the mysterious blue clay reported, will need to await further evidence to support my theory.

That didn't really answer the question.

What is "pure" Prussian blue, and how does it differ from the compound that the rest of the world calls Prussian blue?

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
That didn't really answer the question.

What is "pure" Prussian blue, and how does it differ from the compound that the rest of the world calls Prussian blue?

My answer is, I will no longer be presenting research on this topic until further evidence can be supplied.

Last edited:

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
In The Art of War…Retreat is “Not” Always Defeat!

art-of-debate.jpg

When One’s Ideas are under Constant Attack, rather than Defend and Debate to the Death, it may be prudent to Withdraw to Gather More Ammunition by way of Evidence.

I am confident that with Proper Reinforcements my Theory of how the Freemasons used Prussian Blue on Oak Island will once again be put forth on this Battlefield.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All of the Oak Island stories are just that a story. It is a story for treasure hunters to get media interested to fund their projects then they up and run searching for real treasure. There is no treasure at Oak Island and there never was. The trip by Henry Sinclair never happened. His Admiral was in jail at the time of the voyage. Never happened just wishful thinking and wishful research. Show proof of this actually happened it is all guessing or conjecture. Never happened. Just like the Newport, R.I. Tower. It was not built by Templars with the Vikings. It was made of wood in 1675 and Benedict Arnold's grandfather had it built out of stone in 1676. No Templars therefore no Templar's Treasure and no treasure on Oak Island.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
My answer is, I will no longer be presenting research on this topic until further evidence can be supplied.

Fair enough. Would I be out of line in assuming that this isn't simply a matter of semantics at this point?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread