What's new

Not quite sure. Maybe a strap guide?

BenVa68

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2018
Messages
504
Reaction score
1,735
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hopewell va.
Detector(s) used
Technetics T2+ Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dug this at a large civil war battlefield. Their is a house still standing on the property that the owner says way built in the 1830s. I think its some kind of strap guide. I dug several musket balls, 3 ringers, flat buttons and other CW era items but I dont believe its CW military due to the designs. Could be horse related. Any thoughts?
 

Attachments

  • 20190317_171918.webp
    20190317_171918.webp
    723.1 KB · Views: 85
  • 20190317_171914.webp
    20190317_171914.webp
    606.7 KB · Views: 77
  • 20190317_171931.webp
    20190317_171931.webp
    333.5 KB · Views: 69
  • 20190317_171946.webp
    20190317_171946.webp
    338.2 KB · Views: 66
  • 20190317_171935.webp
    20190317_171935.webp
    308.7 KB · Views: 87
Yep it's a strap guide and a nice one too.
Congrats
 
Upvote 0
Thanks, I believe that's it. And the period would fit also.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom